• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Current Run of APCs

Reaction score
Last year, when I bought my Rescues, they were exactly 3 sizes bigger than the tag size. Also, all the New Standards I saw were 2 sizes bigger than tagged. Posts by most others on this forum revealed the same thing.

Is this still generally the case these days? I hope they haven't gone and changed sizing again. Anyone with a recently new pair of Straights/Rescues or NSs wanna measure for me?

Thanks.

wild style

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of NS the other day. Normally wear a 32 in Levis 501, but went with a 29 in the NS. The 29 in the Rescue was a bit loose and unfortunately they don't make anything less.

noinimod

Reaction score
hmm?
i normally wear 31-32s. on 512s it's 31.

i bought a 28. Buttoning it all up is alright with no excess difficulty. Actually wanted to wait for 29 stocks to come in but i'm glad i didnt
colgate.gif

Reaction score
Wow, sounds like they've "grown" a size since last year.

Originally Posted by wild style
Just bought a pair of NS the other day. Normally wear a 32 in Levis 501, but went with a 29 in the NS. The 29 in the Rescue was a bit loose and unfortunately they don't make anything less.

dizzhizz

Reaction score
Normally wear a 33 but purchased a 31 for the APC rescues. Still have some room in the waistline after 1 month so a belt is definitely needed!

chipopo

Reaction score
I've just checked my APC rescues.

I've bought them online 3 months ago.
Size is 35" and the actual waist size is 91cm = 35.8".
They're still RAW and I don't wear them a lot (And when I do I use a belt).

So according to my experience they're about 1 size bigger than tagged. From what I've read from other owners this is not the normal case though. Also, if you check APC japan website you'll see they state size 35 has a 98cm waist size! (That's 38.5").

Cheers,

Chipopo

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My true waist is 29", and my hips at the largest part is 31". I bought and am wearing 29 NS in my usual antifit manner (I an fit both hands into the jeans reasonably comfortably, not that I do so
smile.gif
. I could easily have gone down to a 28, for a more "regular" fit, or even a 27, or a tighter fit. So yes, the sizes have grown about 1 size since the last batch!

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
This explains why, when I tried on Hipsters at the APC store in SoHo in a size smaller than my New Standards, they *still* fit about the same.

Seriously, does APC just need to retool a few machines or something? The sizing is already bad, and it's just getting worse. This section of the board could almost be renamed the "Streetwear and Denim and APC Sizing" forum as is. Why screw it up further?

Oldboy

Reaction score
This is why I'll never buy APC jeans unless I can try them in the store first.

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for all your help guys.

I'm gonna get some "three sizes too small" New Standards. I'll report back in that other sizing thread.

noinimod

Reaction score
yea. jeremy that sounds good. 3 sizes down from your regular should be just nice, not ball-crunching, but still slim
keep us updated !

Reaction score
This sizing thing seems to be happening all over the place. I just bought some BR "Gavin" chinos for work, and even these have grown in size since last year. Gavin pants were always one size bigger; now they're two.

My brother went shopping for jeans a few weeks ago and said the same thing: pants are getting bigger.

It's not that bad, but it would be interesting to find out the reason why. Many say it's "vanity sizing" but that can't be the whole story. Nobody's gonna believe, in the case of some pants makers, that they're a 31 when their actual waist is 35".

Originally Posted by Saucemaster
This explains why, when I tried on Hipsters at the APC store in SoHo in a size smaller than my New Standards, they *still* fit about the same.

Seriously, does APC just need to retool a few machines or something? The sizing is already bad, and it's just getting worse. This section of the board could almost be renamed the "Streetwear and Denim and APC Sizing" forum as is. Why screw it up further?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads