• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Current price of EG Newmarket boots in London?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me the current price of newmarket boots from edward green, if purchased at the shops in london (in british pounds)? Trying to figure out what i'm prepared to spend, given the terrible exchange rate of the dollar to the british pound. I'm seriously considering a pair of black or maybe brown antiqued-looking colored newmarkets.....maybe a future addition to the shoe-Appreciation thread.

Pros and cons of brown vs. black? would you wear the brown boots with a suit, such as a tan spring/ summer suit? blazer and trousers? if so, what season (i would assume fall/ winter wools, tweeds, cashmere sportcoats in browns and olives for the brown boots?)

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Dark oak is conservative enough color and I think you'd get more use out of it than black. Or at least I would, but you know better what colors you like to wear. Is the Newmarket the chelsea boot?

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yes, it is indeed the Edward Green Chelsea boot.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok, so how's about that price? anyone?

i am HOPING for around £500-£600....

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The_Foxx
ok, so how's about that price? anyone?

i am HOPING for around £500-£600....

The price depends on whether they need to be MTO or are in stock. If in stock they ought to be £600ish with trees but I don't recall precisely. My last pair of EG boots ran a bit less than that MTO last year but there was an increase (and the dollar is weaker if you're in the States).

If the past years' sale lists are indicative of their inventory they are likely to have a pair of black on an arbitrary last, and less likely to have brown. If the color and last work for you, instant gratification.

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
That's, um, an interesting rendition of "burnt pine."

Featured Sponsor

Pocket square on a coat: yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • No

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 7 14.6%