1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cufflinks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mecnun, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Mecnun

Mecnun Well-Known Member

Did anyone in the forum had prior experience with either Longmire or Asprey cufflinks? They both seem to be extremely (especially Longmire) expensive, but look very good. I am thinking of buying silver plated chain cufflinks, which I will get engraved with my initials. The engravery of Longmire (fully handmande) look beautiful, but they charge £60 a letter!

2. demo5

demo5 Senior Member

Both are top tier makers. Among current, large makers of cufflinks they are the best. But, as you said, charge top dollar for their wares.

3. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Distinguished Member

I have never used them but these two seem a bit more reasonable for plain ovals. Longmire is out of their minds. Even though i love the lady bug cufflinks, that's too much for them and it's no doubt to cater to exclusivity rather than value for dollar.

The gold here is reasonably priced. I cant speak to the quality. Except for the domed ovel, I would avoid getting a thickness great than 1mm.
    http://www.purequalityjewellery.com/catalog/1

I recognize a lot of the collections from English jewelers here:

http://www.englishcufflinks.com/domed ovals.htm

These are different and quite dapper in person. This site offers a lot of other very nice links. Prices arent great but arent terrible either:
    http://www.haroldcox.com/site/product/productid.10653

Although unrelated to the poster's request, i thought these were very nice too.

I just got some links of london plain 18k ovals but they seem to have been bought out now by a Greek jewelry chain. We shall see if they still make nice things like the bamboo link in gold.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

I've never seen silver-plated cufflinks from a maker like Longmire.

In fact, silver-plated items are generally very cheap, suitable for jewelry in a Thank You gift for a new credit card.

5. Mecnun

Mecnun Well-Known Member

Apologies. They are actually real seilver cufflinks by both Asprey and Longmire.