• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflink eye candy

dandersson

Reaction score
My favorite cufflinks - cuffthis, I have been meaning to see if you might know anything about these. I got them at a thrift store...:
The first ones are clearly from a member of the Knights Templar - probably spoils of a midnight struggle with the forces of good and evil (aka The Da Vinci Code). I'm sure Opus Dei, The Church, and any number of secret societies are searching for them - and dead men tell no tales
wink.gif
It's been nice knowing you
wink.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's what I tell people when they ask, actually.

At least they aren't Nazi cufflinks, I wasn't sure. Thanks for the info, cuffthis.

arvi

Reaction score
i like all the simple enamel and guilloche pairs..i have been bidding these types on ebay..have bought some but missed many..hope i'm not competing with u cuffthis
tounge.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Second row down, second from left - great links.

cuffthis

Reaction score
Not mine, but these are a stunning example of Art Deco links.
eb_3.JPG

arvi

Reaction score
thanks cuff..i haven't received them yet;but seller describes enamel as in good condition..if they look ok to naked eye and are very wearable i'll be satified..still nicer than what one buys new today at far greater cost..anyway, i'm still learning and haven't gotten a jeweler's loupe yet
whatsthat.gif

cuffthis

Reaction score
My most recent purchase on Ebay. This is a pair I've never seen in my 15 years of collecting.
lioncufflinks9fi.jpg

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Very interesting. Looks like the lion symbol of Mark the Evangelist. I wonder if there's a set with symbols of all four evangelists, one on each side.

petescolari

Reaction score
Cuffthis,

Do you have any Georg Jensen in your collection?

When I used to work in an auction house I became familiar with his silver mostly flatware and some jewelry. I always search on ebay for the cufflinks but they are out of my pricerange. The seashells are my favorite.

Second row down, second from left - great links.

AHarris, you have great taste. Those are my favorites as well. They immediately caught my eye.

stripes22

Reaction score
I like these cufflinks very much. Â They are not vintage, but come from Shanghai Tang in Hong Kong. Â Also, they are not double sided--many believe that is tasteless--nevertheless I like them. Â (Image taken form shanghaitang.com).
cufflinks1ut.jpg

alexei

Reaction score
Wow! And 4 years later, he knows the answer.
lol8[1].gif

To the OP, I like the nut/bolt links - very unique.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads