• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cufflink eye candy

cuffthis

Reaction score
I think you may have been tricked...
silly9hm.jpg
tounge.gif
No, these are Tiffany cufflinks, marked .925 and with Tiffany name.

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I have to say is WOW. And the nuts & bolts are my hands-down favorite.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate hijacking threads...but...who was the winner of the cuffthis giveaway? I'll graciously accept pocket square donations if you didn't field a suitable winner...

BTW, that collection is quite swell. Just out of curiosity, how do you keep track and avoid buying duplicates?

cuffthis

Reaction score
how do you keep track and avoid buying duplicates?

I know all of the pairs I have. No method really, other than each pair has a story behind it (where, when, how, cost, etc.). When you are passionate about your collection, these things are important to you and you remember them.

PS - winner of giveaway was Demeis. Check with him for pocket squares and others. All of mine are staying put (at least until the closet gets full again).

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always know when to steal a good line. Thanks, cuffthis, if I may:

I know all of the fabric I have. No method really, other than each fabric has a story behind it (where, when, how, cost, etc.). When you are passionate about your collection, these things are important to you and you remember them.

Permission requested.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My favorite cufflinks - cuffthis, I have been meaning to see if you might know anything about these. I got them at a thrift store...: Â Â Most of my [mostly cheesy] cufflinks, tie clips (which I never use), lighters, money clips: Â Â My favorite tie clip - it's a little mechanical pencil. Â Antique sterling collar pin/bar - found on ebay for $4: BTW, I just donated $10 to Imageshack in the forum's name. We use enough of their bandwidth; I thought it only fair.

cuffthis

Reaction score
J,

The red enamel pair is wonderful. I can't quite decifer the mark on the back to determine manufacturer, but they are c. 1920, red enamel over engine turned metal. The eyelet connectors on the back almost certainly reveal the pair is of American manufacture, as the European ones of that period (most of the time) used different connectors and eyelets.

I also like the contemporary dollar and pound sign pair. I guess I just have a thing for double sided pairs.

Great tie bar also. I don't wear them too often but functional ones like this are very collectible. Hold on to this one. And, as you know, when wearing this (or any) tie bar, point it on a 45 degree downward angle, to avoid interrupting the lines of your outfit.

Vintage cufflinks truly are miniature works of art.

Tom

PS - Thank you for running and administering such a delightful website and forum.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'll try to get a better pic of the maker's mark, but IIRC it is a clover. I had found some similar ones on ebay going for over $1000 right after I got these and was quite interested to know more about them. The dollar/pound links are sterling, from Links of London, a gift from my grandmother from her trip there a few years back. They are my co-favorites, despite being a pain to get through buttonholes. I had no idea the pencil tie bar was collectible at all. I will have to do some poking around on ebay to learn more. It actually came with a lot I bought on ebay including a cheap vintage valet box and many of the pairs of links and tie bars you see in the pictures, for a total of about $20 I believe. IIRC it was from an estate auction. And, you're welcome. All I ever wanted was a resource like this, and you all make it possible. So thank you back.
smile.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Here is a much better pic of the mark:

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went antiqueing for cuff links yesterday for the first time, mainly due to the wonderful gift i got from cuffthis that included 4 FC shirts, and my 2 pairs of cuff links wouldn't do. When i came back i found that Cuffthis had already started a similar post so i thought i would post what i got yesterday here. Hope you don't mind. First was a pair of Jade Buddahs that i picked up for $10
00000472kc.jpg
Second is a pair of drama masks that i love and were my favorite find of the day that cost me $20, the most expensive of the lot.
00000487wy.jpg
these were all a $1 so i couldn't help but pick them all up
00000514gl.jpg
These only cost me $2 each and thought they looked pretty cool.
00000523wj.jpg
Last were these Squaire links i picked up for $5. They seem a little guady but for $5 i wasn't to worried.
00000538rm.jpg
Let me know what you think. Nik

cuffthis

Reaction score
What is the name of this manufacturer?

J,

Manufacturer was Parks Bros. & Rogers, Inc., 7 Beverly St., Providence, RI. They produced cufflinks under the names "Jiffy Park Roger", "Parkroger" and "Jiffy Link". The Jiff Link ones were snap or separable links.

A quality manufacturer.

(source - The Keystone Jeweler's Index, 5th edition 1931). Did I mention I also collect old jewelry catalogs and related paraphranalia that displayed the cufflinks I collect?

I am not obsessive, I am not obsessive.

Tom

Reaction score
My favorite tie clip - it's a little mechanical pencil.
J, I have the exact same tie clip, the pencil one. I wear it in practice. I think it's great. -Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads