• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuff link travel pouch?

GBer

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an elegant solution to carry cuff links on travel? It should hold 5-7 pairs. Leather would be nice. I've seen jewelry rolls, but have never seen one for cuff links. Any suggestions?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would never carry 5-7 pairs when travelling. If I lost the case, I would be out of luck. Are you talking of extended business trips???

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always put them in my coat pocket. Never take 5-7 pairs at a time though...

VictorJB

Reaction score
Sorry to be Mr. repeat but I would not bring 5-7 pairs you only wear one at a time unless your trying to switch it up every day which is okay, i guess? But to answer your question I just bought something like this in Nordstroms the other day and it was made by Calvin Klein. I bought it with a bunch of other things but I believe it was either $20 or $30 dollars.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Either put them into a shirt cuff or the pocket of another garment. However not more than one or two pairs at most required for any trip. Few people will keep records of what you have worn.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I got a really nice black leather one off eBay for about $25. It has slots for three pairs and room for tie bars etc plus slots for collar stays. Suede lined. Same thing was going for much more in a flight magazine I saw but eBay is your friend.

GBer

Reaction score
Not for an overnighter. Usually a few weeks at a time. 5-7 pairs over a few weeks is ok when you have various functions to attend in and out of the meeting rooms. It's easy to scratch the metal if two rub up against each other. I would like an individual pouch for each cuff link individually for that reason.

Tried putting them on the shirts before, but you can lose them more easily that way. Especially if they catch on something. Prefer a container for that reason.

ferry1950

Reaction score
I usually take 5-7 pair with me when I travel overseas for 2- 3 weeks.
I use a cloth jewlery pouch that held some pearls I gave my wife while in China years ago.
I use a smaller pouch to carry my shirt collar stays that fits inside the cuff links pouch.
Works well, used this system for 20+ years. In my checked luggage I have a travel case that the links, stays, glasses, sun glasses and extra watch travel in that can be locked.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, for 2 weeks I only take 2 pairs and mix up barrel cuffs to provide some variety. All my links are vintage double-sided from antique shops and teh Bay - not easily replaceable - and the thought of losing a travel pouch with so many pairs kind of freaks me out!

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's plenty of cheap leather boxes on eBay which would do the trick like this

mogultv

Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBer
Does anyone know of an elegant solution to carry cuff links on travel? It should hold 5-7 pairs. Leather would be nice. I've seen jewelry rolls, but have never seen one for cuff links. Any suggestions?

I went to jewelry store and got one those hard, hinged boxes for bracelets or necklaces. I pad it with a bit of tissue paper and it works fine.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not carry that many pairs when traveling myself but for small pieces like that I like to carry along a small makeup bag or something like women use. I can keep it in my suit case so no one really sees it and it keeps all my links and what not nice, neat and well organized.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads