1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cucinelli Tux/Shoe Combo Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Monsieur Ed, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Monsieur Ed

Monsieur Ed Member

I posted this in the "ask a question..." thread but though maybe I'd get a little more input if I started my own thread.

I am attending a creative black tie event this upcoming weekend and plan on wearing a grey Cucinelli tux. I have three options for footwear and am not sure what I should do so am hoping someone may provide some guidance.

Option 1 is a BC boot. Seems that most of the time I see this tux in photos the folks wearing them are wearing something similar to this. I tend to think that it looks somewhat ridiculous in the photos I've seen but for whatever reason this doesn't look awful when I look at the picture below:

[​IMG]

The second option that I am considering is a pair of AE Park Aves.

[​IMG]

And finally option #3 is to find another pair of shoes in the closet or to buy a pair this week. If you would suggest this option perhaps you could throw out a recommendation?

Much appreciated. Have a great weekend.

2. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Well I'll admit firstly that I don't like the idea of a grey tux. That said, stay far away from wearing the first shoes with this tux. I wouldn't recommend the second either, although between the two they're the better choice. What about some Belgians?