• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cuban Cigars.

kcgreg

Reaction score
I have always been fond of cuban cigars and have smoked them for the last 14 years or so.
inlove.gif

It is starting to get really expensive now and would like some help if any forum members know of cheaper outlets that are out there that sell them. By the way I am writing from New Zealand and would appreciate the help - guys & gals.
smile.gif
lookaround.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might want to move this to Social Life, Food, and Drink.

kcgreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
Might want to move this to Social Life, Food, and Drink.
Thanks Edward - will do that!
blush.gif

Martinis at 8

Reaction score
You may purchase off the web via mail order. In fact I believe there is a mail order house located in New Zealand. Try this link: http://www.strictlycuban.com/

Be careful, however, because a lot of vendor sell fakes. I can't vouch for any vendor, but I hear the above is reputable.

Typically, I only put faith in the official Cuban franchise stores which are named La Casa del Habano.

Cheers,

M8

kcgreg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Martinis at 8
You may purchase off the web via mail order. In fact I believe there is a mail order house located in New Zealand. Try this link: http://www.strictlycuban.com/

Be careful, however, because a lot of vendor sell fakes. I can't vouch for any vendor, but I hear the above is reputable.

Typically, I only put faith in the official Cuban franchise stores which are named La Casa del Habano.

Cheers,

M8

Thanks for that. This is the guy I touched base once years ago here and he told me his license was strictly for the US market - or internet sales, does not include NZ sales. what a damn pity.

Martinis at 8

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kcgreg
Thanks for that. This is the guy I touched base once years ago here and he told me his license was strictly for the US market - or internet sales, does not include NZ sales. what a damn pity.

It's illegal for him to sell those to the US due to the embargo against Cuba, but he does. People in the US purchase these over the web, and they actually make it through the mail. Sometimes US Customs will intercept, but rarely.

It's interesting that he won't sell them to you because of his distributor agreement. I believe the cigar monopoly is held by Pacific Cigars, Ltd. They seem to have a lock on everything done in the Australasia region regarding Cuban cigar sales.

Guess you'll have to buy retail at the higher prices
frown.gif
Like US $380 for a box of Partagas Series D No. 4. Yikes!
wow.gif

M8

BipgoBumpo

Reaction score
I know that it's been a long time since anyone replied to this forum, but if you're interested, try https://www.gerard-pere-et-fils.com/, they're a Swiss company that will ship to genuine Cubans to the US. I don't know about NZ, I know that NZ has strict laws regarding the import of many products to protect its agricultural industry. They ship them without seals and bands, and in different (cedar) boxes so that they'll clear US Customs, which might make some people skeptical, but I have no doubt that what I ordered (this was a few years ago) was the genuine thing. If you've smoked enough Cuban and non-Cuban cigars, as I have, you can tell the difference between a Cuban and a non-Cuban easily. The company itself, Gerard Pere et Fils, has a good reputation in the world of cigars and published an excellent coffeetable book on the subject of Cuban cigars which I bought at Barnes & Noble a long time ago.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads