• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CT Shoes return-refunded too much

etown883

Reaction score
Ok, this may seem odd, but I just returned two pairs of shoes to CT after using the $100 discount code. I just received an email that I will be refunded the full price (i.e. $135 per shoe). Now, is this normal? I mean, I'm all for free money, but I have a conscience too, so I would want to do the right thing here. Should I call and have them straighten it out, or just go along quietly. Thanks!

MysticAura

Reaction score
Just wait and play it out...I doubt they will give you more money back though. They have your invoice and exactly and how much you paid.

etown883

Reaction score
I guess i can wait and see what actually goes on my card, but the email was:

I am very sorry that you have had to return something to Charles Tyrwhitt for refund. Accordingly we have refunded $270.00 back to your credit card today.

For your convenience I have listed the products received and the amount refunded below:

QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

1 MPSBLB7H Black Calf Leather Semi Brogue Shoe
1 MPSCND7H Chestnut Calf Leather Derby Shoes

Goods 270.00
Credit 0.00
Others 0.00
Refund 270.00

Plus Gift Vouchers 0.00

coachvu

Reaction score
They actually refunded me too much money as well. It occurred as two transactions, the first for exactly what I paid, and the second for an extra $50. I'm waiting to see if the extra amount is removed in a few days.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The right thing is obviously to call them about it. How is this even a question?

new obsession

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
The right thing is obviously to call them about it. How is this even a question?

The question in my mind, given my past experience with customer service people in general (not these specifically), would be whether they would oblige you by fixing the problem only to have the problem fix itself somehow later, resulting in a net loss.

My sense, wait until your credit card bill comes back, and then address it.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Their accounting must really suck if they're making those types of errors on a consistent basis.

SF could put CT out of business next time another coupon like this shows up. I can picture Wheeler in the boardroom trying to explain this one...

tedbearz

Reaction score
How long did it take from the time you mailed your shoes back till the return email?

etown883

Reaction score
I shipped them via the prepaid method on July 12th.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered online with the discount and returned to the stores. The store wrote the receipt that should have credited me the full price for each item, not including the discount. After not seeing it on my credit card statement I called today and they refunded the difference between the amount it would take to reach the discount and the amount I ordered and refunded my credit card today.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's the British accounting system. A friend of mine had a Blackberry through O2, but the service was terrible, so he returned it. They credited his Amex AND sent him a check.
wow.gif
Which he returned.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is the sale plus additional 100 off plus free shipping offer still valid please? If so, does anyone have the link please?

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
Is the sale plus additional 100 off plus free shipping offer still valid please? If so, does anyone have the link please?

it's over.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by etown883
Ok, this may seem odd, but I just returned two pairs of shoes to CT after using the $100 discount code. I just received an email that I will be refunded the full price (i.e. $135 per shoe). Now, is this normal? I mean, I'm all for free money, but I have a conscience too, so I would want to do the right thing here. Should I call and have them straighten it out, or just go along quietly. Thanks!

call them and straighten it out, after the refund goes through (i.e., once the money is back and you've actually been paid too much).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads