• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CT shirt/shoe fits: comparison question

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know how difficult it is to ask "how does x, y, or z fit" but I wanted to ask someone to compare the following who has experience with these items:

CT shoes compared to Ferragamo (mainline): I wear a 9.5 (sometimes only a 9) in these, what size would I want in CT's chelsea boot? I'm wondering which size to choose from their list of "US sizes."

CT slim fit shirts vs. Hugo Boss (the slimmer fitting black label ones, like the Enzox or Richardx): I'm a 15.5-34/35 in these, and they are the best fitting rtw shirts I've found. I also wear these in a 15-34/35 untucked with jeans. Will similar sizes of CT fit similarly?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, depends on what sort of **** you take...
biggrin.gif

Sorry juvenile jokes aside, the Loake made shoes are a touch large. By a touch I mean stupidly. My AE PAs are 10D - snug fit. I have 9.5 and 10 (UK) Loake/CT shoes. Depending on the last the fit changes but they are still generously sized, especially at the ankles.

Check here for a comparison:
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...22&postcount=8

I wish people updated that thread more...

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So if I take a 9-9.5 in Ferragamo and Bruno Magli, should I go for a 9 US (whatever UK size that is) from CT? Or should I go with an 8.5 US? When I'm on the website, it says US size, and you guys mentioned their UK sizes, what's the difference, btw?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just went through this.

On average, I'm a 10D US. In CT a US 10 is too large so I take a 9.5D US. That 9.5D US is marked as a 9F UK.

Hope that helps.

lefty

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, usually you drop a half-size for your U.K. size. So an 8.5 U.K. would translate to a 9 U.S. (depending on maker and last, of course). Tyrwhitt follows this logic in converting their shoe sizing for the U.S. market, but following their advice will usually leave you with a shoe that's at least a half-size too large.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Yeah, usually you drop a half-size for your U.K. size. So an 8.5 U.K. would translate to a 9 U.S. (depending on maker and last, of course). Tyrwhitt follows this logic in converting their shoe sizing for the U.S. market, but following their advice will usually leave you with a shoe that's at least a half-size too large.

Thanks. I'm wanting a Chelsea boot, so I may try them in an 8.5 and a 9. Shipping will be the same price anyways, and all I'll need to worry about is the return if need be. Does anyone here have these boots, btw?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just received a pair of boots from them at a very decent price. There is a blemish on one side, so I called customer service in the UK. The chap I spoke with apologized, checked the availability of my size and said he would "priority post" a new pair to me and could I please return the other pair at my covenience.

Just have to slap the postage paid sticker on the box and drop them off at the post office. Seems like a pretty straight up deal.

I would order both and send the off size back.

lefty

P.S. I tried the suede chelseas on in NY. They're very nice.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty

P.S. I tried the suede chelseas on in NY. They're very nice.

What size are you in US, and what US and UK size did your CT shoes come as?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
What size are you in US, and what US and UK size did your CT shoes come as?

You're kidding?

lefty

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
You're kidding?

lefty

****, I missed the earlier post. See what happens when I try and do work while posting...

Sartorially Challenged

Reaction score
I noticed that the new slim-fit shirts from CT in the spring collection have bigger measurements than the ones from last winter. For example, the chest measurement is now 2 inches bigger.

itskub

Reaction score
Hope I can help a bit.. Normally Im a Size 11 in boots, and 10.5 in sneakers (since sneakers tend to stretch out easier). I bought a pair of CT Ankle Boots in 10, and they fit very snuggly, not tight at all.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads