• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CT/Loake Norwich

Beckwith

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
960
Reaction score
222
I have read reviews on constructions and quality, but I am looking for practicality. Before I order them with ctshirts.com/spots discount a few questions; would these be acceptable with pants and odd jackets? Are they acceptable with tan, charcoal, and blue pants? And finally, will these work with either a suit or with my usual business casual attire?
 

Beckwith

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
960
Reaction score
222
Does anyone know the new code for 50% off at CT? It seems that ctshirts.com/spots no longer works.
 

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,323
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by Beckwith
I have read reviews on constructions and quality, but I am looking for practicality. Before I order them with ctshirts.com/spots discount a few questions; would these be acceptable with pants and odd jackets? Are they acceptable with tan, charcoal, and blue pants? And finally, will these work with either a suit or with my usual business casual attire?

They are fine IMHO. YMMV of course - would depend on the sort of business environment you are in but they are not flashy shoes.
 

Beckwith

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
960
Reaction score
222
Originally Posted by skalogre
They are fine IMHO. YMMV of course - would depend on the sort of business environment you are in but they are not flashy shoes.

I was worried they would be a tad flashy, but I think they are a good value for everyday office wear and would suit my purposes well.

Thanks Jovan!
 

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,323
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by Beckwith
I was worried they would be a tad flashy, but I think they are a good value for everyday office wear and would suit my purposes well.

Thanks Jovan!


They look different from the posted sales pictures - pretty much monotone but you can create some subtle antiquing on them.
 

Beckwith

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
960
Reaction score
222
Originally Posted by skalogre
They look different from the posted sales pictures - pretty much monotone but you can create some subtle antiquing on them.

Funny you mention that because I was thinking the same thing. When I tried them on for sizing in the store, they had a slight antiquing that looked very nice. Hopefully the pair I recieve will have the antiquing.
 

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
6,323
Reaction score
4
Originally Posted by Beckwith
Funny you mention that because I was thinking the same thing. When I tried them on for sizing in the store, they had a slight antiquing that looked very nice. Hopefully the pair I recieve will have the antiquing.

The colour changes at a decent rate actually; I used a little bit of cordovan polish as well as the darker brown polish Pediwear sent me on the medallion, made them a wee bit more interesting.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,463
Messages
9,448,908
Members
198,024
Latest member
2giannae3822eb0
Top