CT/Loake Norwich

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Beckwith, May 1, 2006.

1. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

I have read reviews on constructions and quality, but I am looking for practicality. Before I order them with ctshirts.com/spots discount a few questions; would these be acceptable with pants and odd jackets? Are they acceptable with tan, charcoal, and blue pants? And finally, will these work with either a suit or with my usual business casual attire?

2. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

Does anyone know the new code for 50% off at CT? It seems that ctshirts.com/spots no longer works.

3. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I have read reviews on constructions and quality, but I am looking for practicality. Before I order them with ctshirts.com/spots discount a few questions; would these be acceptable with pants and odd jackets? Are they acceptable with tan, charcoal, and blue pants? And finally, will these work with either a suit or with my usual business casual attire?

They are fine IMHO. YMMV of course - would depend on the sort of business environment you are in but they are not flashy shoes.

4. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

5. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

They are fine IMHO. YMMV of course - would depend on the sort of business environment you are in but they are not flashy shoes.

I was worried they would be a tad flashy, but I think they are a good value for everyday office wear and would suit my purposes well.

Thanks Jovan!

6. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I was worried they would be a tad flashy, but I think they are a good value for everyday office wear and would suit my purposes well.

Thanks Jovan!

They look different from the posted sales pictures - pretty much monotone but you can create some subtle antiquing on them.

7. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

They look different from the posted sales pictures - pretty much monotone but you can create some subtle antiquing on them.

Funny you mention that because I was thinking the same thing. When I tried them on for sizing in the store, they had a slight antiquing that looked very nice. Hopefully the pair I recieve will have the antiquing.

8. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Funny you mention that because I was thinking the same thing. When I tried them on for sizing in the store, they had a slight antiquing that looked very nice. Hopefully the pair I recieve will have the antiquing.

The colour changes at a decent rate actually; I used a little bit of cordovan polish as well as the darker brown polish Pediwear sent me on the medallion, made them a wee bit more interesting.