• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CT Chestnut Derbies

new obsession

Reaction score
Anyone have any luck finding a belt (relatively inexpensive) to match these?

I am dying to wear them, but the suit I want to wear them with is not a "braces" suit, and requires a belt. (Solid Navy)

Also thinking about my cream cotton CT when it gets back from the shop, but alas, same problem there.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by new obsession
Anyone have any luck finding a belt (relatively inexpensive) to match these?

I am dying to wear them, but the suit I want to wear them with is not a "braces" suit, and requires a belt. (Solid Navy)

Also thinking about my cream cotton CT when it gets back from the shop, but alas, same problem there.

I think I have an AE belt at home that matches them well, obtained at a discount from STP. That's a crappy, unclear sentence. I know I have the belt but am not entirely certain it's an AE. I'll check tonight.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i have acquired several belts in different colors from Nordstrom Rack:
chestnut to match my AE Colton, burgundy for my burgundy shoes, different shades of brown, etc. all the belts are of above decent quality and at a good discounted price. all of them are either 19.97 or 25 dollars each.

here are my dress belts, i have 8 in total:

IMGP2112.jpg

flash in camera makes the color a little off.
from bottom left and clockwise:
burgundy by martin dingman, brown by johnston murphy, brown exotic by unknown, dark brown reversible by calvin klein, chestnut by unknown, pebble black by barneys outlet, black by kenneth cole, and black by alfani

all of them from either nordstrom rack, cabazon outlets, or macys clearance sales. except for the johnston murphy, i got that one full price at 45 dollars from johnston murphy store. of course, before i joined andy.
but that is one of my two favorite belts though.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lino

Reaction score
CT has a belt in Cognac, looks like a good match, but it is sold out online.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads