• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

CT - Boots... -

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, you are not getting a bargain. The only C&J who would likely make those would be Crooked and Jokes.

They are actually made by Loake. They have a similar pair that they make for Herring. In fact, i think most if not all of the made in England shoes from CT are rebranded Loake.

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
No, you are not getting a bargain. The only C&J who would likely make those would be Crooked and Jokes.

They are actually made by Loake. They have a similar pair that they make for Herring. In fact, i think most if not all of the made in England shoes from CT are rebranded Loake.

I'm fairly certain they're not rebranded Loake, but, instead, shoes/boots made by Loake in the factory for Charles Tyrwhitt because some of the lasts and fits are slightly different. Shoes/Boots from CT tend to be a wider fitting than the ones Loake sells themselves.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marcellionheart
I'm fairly certain they're not rebranded Loake, but, instead, shoes/boots made by Loake in the factory for Charles Tyrwhitt because some of the lasts and fits are slightly different. Shoes/Boots from CT tend to be a wider fitting than the ones Loake sells themselves.

This is true, some of the lasts are a bit different, but construction and materials are all Loake. I even would so far to say that Loake's quaility is much better.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ The two boots don't look that alike. These from Herring look like the charles trywhitt, also made by loake. They may be the very same boot, or the same design but different quality since CT has a pretty poor reputation for quality. I have the herrings and like them a lot. It is not crockett and Jones quality though. http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0

Bohdathone

Reaction score
The CT boots aren't up to much. I ordered two pairs (both size 9) for Christmas presents and ending up returning them. Quality was unimpressive and the sizing was way out; I'm a pretty standard 9 with most brands yet one of these pairs was far too big and the other far too small for me.

Ended up spending a bit more and getting my brother-in-law and father each a pair of RMW

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 16 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 75 16.8%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 146 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 75 16.8%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 37 8.3%