• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cryogenically Tempered Shaving Blades?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
www.greatrazors.com

Supposedly increases the life of a cartridge blade 4x. Is the just marketing b.s., or have people had +ve results with these razors?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They've been around a long time. Do a search over at the shaving forums for some reviews. If I remember correctly, the reviews came in at about 50/50 in the "is it worth the extra $" department. Its been a long time though so I could be wrong.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hit up badger and blade forums for more info.

Best way to get more life out of a razor I have found is to dry it properly after every use.

The whole 7 shaves to 28 is total BS though. If your only using each cartridge 7 times before disposing of it your being had.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Hit up badger and blade forums for more info.

Best way to get more life out of a razor I have found is to dry it properly after every use.

The whole 7 shaves to 28 is total BS though. If your only using each cartridge 7 times before disposing of it your being had.

But that's what the good folks at Procter & Gamble have told me to do! Those guys wouldn't lie to me just to sell more razor blades, would they?

slaxer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Hit up badger and blade forums for more info. Best way to get more life out of a razor I have found is to dry it properly after every use. The whole 7 shaves to 28 is total BS though. If your only using each cartridge 7 times before disposing of it your being had.
Unfortunately that is about the life of my razors, after about a week it starts to nick and the shave is noticeably less close. Hence why I am in the market for a DE or straight in the near future, I'm tired of paying so much to shave. After looking at the link, their prices are on par with what I pay here in Ontario for blades at the store. If I didn't go to costco.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Another good way to prolong the life of the blades is to keep them in mineral oil between shaves (never tried this myself though).

Also there are tools that you can purchase to sharpen the blades in the cartridge.

I used to use the old DE razors before I grew a beard but now that I only shave my head (3 times a week) the cartridges last me months before I need to change them. DEs are just too much of a hassle for the head, though I have done it before.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for GFD to release their diamond tipped razors.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I use adamantium blades

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey, if it's good enough for Ted Williams, it's good enough for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads