• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crucify My Jantzen

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've hot-washed this a few times, so all shrinkage should be gone. Any tips on measurements to change for next time? I have a couple of ideas but don't want to bias your critiques
smile.gif
Thanks for your help!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is that a first try? Not bad at all. I might like more extended shoulders myself, but I don't think yours are wrong. How's the length? Does the shirt stay tucked in? I'd consider adding a couple of inches. I might also extend the collar points.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cchen
i think it looks pretty good. maybe a bit more tapering in the body?

More tapering? He needs to eat and breathe!

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Assuming you wanted it to be that slim, that's pretty good. I might add .5-1." to the to the shoulders and an .5-1" to the sleeves. Let the waist and hips our a tad if you're going to wear it untucked so it's not clinging to your ass quite so much. Alternatively if you want it a little looser for office wear, add a smidgen to the chest and waist and add some length.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
More tapering? He needs to eat and breathe!

from the chest down, looks straight to me. i myself prefer a more fitted V shape. i think its more flattering if he plans on wearing it untucked.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
It's much too short (for me). The collar is also too small (for me). Otherwise, it looks very good.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think that's a hell of a shirt, frankly. You're in the top 5% of Jantzen shirts already, and if that's your first effort, good on you.

Agree with mafoo that the shirt should be longer if you're going to wear it tucked.

There is something slightly strange going on at the top of the sleeves in the back, about an inch or two from the shoulder seams. It's a strange wrinkle that wouldn't bother me if it were only visible from the back but it does seem to affect the back just beneath the yoke, causing it to balloon out a tad in the side photos. Not sure what it's doing there or how to fix it, but Jantzen might know.

Stylistically speaking, I don't like the collar, but Jantzen doesn't do so great on collars. As others have mentioned, you might ask for a slightly longer point, which might help.

Overall though, great shirt, nice work. Congrats.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
looks great, I'd leave it as is.

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
why did you wash your shirt in hot water. forcing a shirt to shrink is not recomended.
you need to increase the yoke by an 1" unless you like the overly tight look.
tight in the hip as well.
do a better job of pressing before posting pictures.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads