• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cruciani & Bella - Rome

AmericanGent

Reaction score
I ran into this great tie shop in Rome and thought I'd mention it on the forum for anyone planning a trip to the Eternal City.

Danilo Cruciani opened Cruciani & Bella in 1994 and he carries Albert Thurston, Drake 's, Holliday & Brown and Ulturale. Danilo also stocks shirting and has shirts made through Merolla in Napoli. He admits a certain fetish for suspenders/braces and has dozens in stock. You can also find cuff links and other gentleman's accoutrement.

Danilo speaks very good English and has traveled extensively in the US (as evidenced by the license plate collection on the walls).

If you're planning to do a little shopping I recommend that you stop to see Danilo's shop. He is located in the Piazza di San Lorenzo In Lucina, 34. Two blocks SW of Via del Condotti off of Via del Corso. (Louis Vuitton and Burberry have stores in this Piazza too.)

Here are a few pictures:

(I picked up the bordeaux shantung Drake's tie and a Drakes wool PS.)

Happy Shopping!

SeamasterLux

Reaction score
Funny you should post this 3 days after I actually purchased two ties from the shop. Lovely chap is taking care of the store and he has a nice selection. Prices are not really interesting for Drakes but the Cruciani ties are a good deal at 65€.

AmericanGent

Reaction score
Yes, he was a very pleasant man and we share a passion for nice things! In a world of mass-made rubbish it is always nice to slow down and talk to a shop keeper and buy some hand made, quality goods.

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a lovely shop - I really like these kinds of places and will keep it in mind for my next visit to the eternal city.

As a side note, there used to be a small shop called Lord Byron right next to the Spanish steps - I think it has been replaced with an IWC boutique by now.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Ill drop in today and report back, looks great.

Nbarbar

Reaction score
Looks like a lovely shop - I really like these kinds of places and will keep it in mind for my next visit to the eternal city.

As a side note, there used to be a small shop called Lord Byron right next to the Spanish steps - I think it has been replaced with an IWC boutique by now.
Yes, sadly Lord Byron is now IWC

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads