• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crown Northampton Appreciation Thread

hollandn

Reaction score
Well I just ordered two pairs of Overstone Derby TL in UK10 and UK10.5 and I will send back whichever size does not fit... assuming I don't need a UK11 of course! However from the feedback I have had and the size in CM of the last, the 10.5 with it's 29CM last 'should' fit, especially if they are a bit wider than a UK10.5 Converse, which I think they are. I really hope I can get something I am happy with as I will then start ordering the shell Harlestones that I want. :)
Were they in stock items or do you have to wait for them to be made ?

msimon

Reaction score
Well I just ordered two pairs of Overstone Derby TL in UK10 and UK10.5 and I will send back whichever size does not fit... assuming I don't need a UK11 of course! However from the feedback I have had and the size in CM of the last, the 10.5 with it's 29CM last 'should' fit, especially if they are a bit wider than a UK10.5 Converse, which I think they are. I really hope I can get something I am happy with as I will then start ordering the shell Harlestones that I want. :)

Lindsay from customer service was super nice and helpful and explained that vegetable tanned sneakers, while of course lovely, are a bit harder to care for and more prone to damage in bad weather, especially for the lighter colours. Darker colours are easier to maintain.

Nice, be looking forward to what you think of them.

I keep eyeing those desert boots.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also had my eye on the desert boots, I've been wanting to replace my Clarks but the quality has gone way downhill and these look like the closest alternative

Moostyle

Reaction score
Can Crown Sneaker owners please kindly give some reference of what their size is in other shoe/sneaker brands vs what they wear in Crown Sneakers? :)

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Can Crown Sneaker owners please kindly give some reference of what their size is in other shoe/sneaker brands vs what they wear in Crown Sneakers? :)
I have a pair of CXL high tops in size 7G. I wear a 7 in Trickers 4497 and 6.5 in Trickers 4444. I would say I am a 7 in most things. If you have some specifics in mind I’m happy to answer questions

Moostyle

Reaction score
I have a pair of CXL high tops in size 7G. I wear a 7 in Trickers 4497 and 6.5 in Trickers 4444. I would say I am a 7 in most things. If you have some specifics in mind I’m happy to answer questions
Thanks man I really appreciate that. At the moment the only concern I have is over sizing and if anyone has a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor Ox to compare to their Crowns I'd love to hear how the same sizes compare! :)

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Thanks man I really appreciate that. At the moment the only concern I have is over sizing and if anyone has a pair of Converse Chuck Taylor Ox to compare to their Crowns I'd love to hear how the same sizes compare! :)
I wear the same size in converse but find them too narrow hence why I went for the wider fitting in the Crowns

Moostyle

Reaction score
I wear the same size in converse but find them too narrow hence why I went for the wider fitting in the Crowns
Thanks now this is useful. Can you please tell me as closely as you are able how much longer/wider the crows are than the equivalent sized converse? :)

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Thanks now this is useful. Can you please tell me as closely as you are able how much longer/wider the crows are than the equivalent sized converse? :)
I would say they are a very similar length. Remember I got the wide fitting. so they are much wider, I’m guessing that even the standard width would be wider

Moostyle

Reaction score
I would say they are a very similar length. Remember I got the wide fitting. so they are much wider, I’m guessing that even the standard width would be wider

Good point thanks. How much wider is your G fit that the Converse? :)

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Good point thanks. How much wider is your G fit that the Converse? :)
really a lot wide. If you don’t have wide feet I don’t think you’ll need it. I don’t know what you wear in boots but I’m an American EE in Whites and Nicks

Moostyle

Reaction score
really a lot wide. If you don’t have wide feet I don’t think you’ll need it. I don’t know what you wear in boots but I’m an American EE in Whites and Nicks
Ok that is wide. When it comes to GDW boots I am at the upper end of D and usually take an 11D, but I am sure that 10.5E would also work well for me.

If Crown are a "wide F" then I think I should be ok for 10.5 F, considering a Converse UK 10.5 is "snug" for me.

Tweedboy

Reaction score
Ok that is wide. When it comes to GDW boots I am at the upper end of D and usually take an 11D, but I am sure that 10.5E would also work well for me.

If Crown are a "wide F" then I think I should be ok for 10.5 F, considering a Converse UK 10.5 is "snug" for me.

I agree. I think it will be fine

msimon

Reaction score
If your still worried about sizing don't be, I too was, and everything turned out fine. What it comes down for you is whether you prefer extra toe gap or not.

They also supply high quality raisers with each shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads