• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crown Northampton Appreciation Thread

Jax

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Possibly the best slept on sneaker brand. Easily better than Common Projects based on the people that review these shoes for a living.

The Kavalier is just another YouTube "influencer" shill.

MrMarcob

Reaction score
These are mine Crown. Two pair. Both are overtone, one white calf leather and one blu kudu seude in TL version. I'll buy for sure again , the quality is on top. And they are super super comfortable. It is truly a luxury shoe
tempImageJD85dd.png
tempImageu5mIh2.png
tempImagemAMEg8.png
tempImageDxiOVc.png
tempImageWcjhmj.png
tempImageku6u9j.png
tempImageDxiOVc.png
tempImageu5mIh2.png
tempImageJD85dd.png
tempImageJD85dd.png

masticore99

Reaction score
Anyone order to the US recently? First time looking at this brand and it seems like the MTO takes 45 days. How long is shipping from the UK to the US taking nowadays?

Moostyle

Reaction score
I am looking at CN for some sneakers but I am having a hard time with buying a pair where there is no logical reason for them to be so wide throughout the middle of the shoe. They could have at least tapered it a little between the rear and front to give the appearance of a slimmer silhouette.

I have zero doubts about the quality or comfort or whether they are worth the money, but I do care about looks to some extent.

Am I worrying too much here or are they slimmer than the photos let on?

hollandn

Reaction score
I am looking at CN for some sneakers but I am having a hard time with buying a pair where there is no logical reason for them to be so wide throughout the middle of the shoe. They could have at least tapered it a little between the rear and front to give the appearance of a slimmer silhouette.

I have zero doubts about the quality or comfort or whether they are worth the money, but I do care about looks to some extent.

Am I worrying too much here or are they slimmer than the photos let on?
I don't feel they are any 'wider' than other shoes or sneakers I own. I will do a bit of measuring or a left foot, right foot comparison with other brands of shoes when I get time. Do you have a narrow width foot? What other shoes or sneakers do you wear that you are comfortable with the width from an aesthetics point of view? Maybe I own something similar so can do a photo comparison on the foot. Let us know.

Moostyle

Reaction score
I don't feel they are any 'wider' than other shoes or sneakers I own. I will do a bit of measuring or a left foot, right foot comparison with other brands of shoes when I get time. Do you have a narrow width foot? What other shoes or sneakers do you wear that you are comfortable with the width from an aesthetics point of view? Maybe I own something similar so can do a photo comparison on the foot. Let us know.
Hi hollandn thanks for the reply I owuld love to get more feedback on that. The only other sneakers I own are Converse Chuck Taylor Ox Lows. Maybe the photos are misleading when I look at the, but the CN's look wider than that.

However, yesterday I went to a store and tried on a pair of Common Projects... wow what a disaster that was. The US11 was the correct length but way too tight on the toe box and the US12 was a 'tolerable' width (but I could still feel the sides) but way too long. My foot is on the upper end of the D width, but not 'unusually' wide, just a little wide at the toe box then tapering down from there. Oh well, at least now I know that CP and similar shoes are not going to fit me.

Maybe the Crowns are a good compromise. :)

Last edited:

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi guys a couple of questions I forgot to add:

1) Regarding sizing: if I am a 10 (28.5cm) in Crockett & Jones Harlech 341 last does that mean a 10.5 (29cm) in Crown sneakers should be ideal? Crown say to go half a size up over C&J but I always like to double check real user views.

2) Do the TL's (Trim Line) look noticeably cleaner and narrower than the "regular" padded sneakers without sacrificing too much comfort?

Thanks. :)

msimon

Reaction score
Hi guys a couple of questions I forgot to add:

1) Regarding sizing: if I am a 10 (28.5cm) in Crockett & Jones Harlech 341 last does that mean a 10.5 (29cm) in Crown sneakers should be ideal? Crown say to go half a size up over C&J but I always like to double check real user views.

2) Do the TL's (Trim Line) look noticeably cleaner and narrower than the "regular" padded sneakers without sacrificing too much comfort?

Thanks. :)

Hi, I have two pairs of shoes from Crown Northampton and my advice is to find your real foot length because there sizing corresponds with there own and so differs from standard sizing. I found out that my largest foot is 27.2ish and went for size 8.5 27.4CM which fitted me like a glove with toe room to spare.
So if 29cm is your true foot length then I would say your good to go for 10.5.

The the trim line is definitely cleaner and sleeker, and if I was gonna order another pair it would be a TL shoe.

Don't forget that CN do wide fitting also.

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi, I have two pairs of shoes from Crown Northampton and my advice is to find your real foot length because there sizing corresponds with there own and so differs from standard sizing. I found out that my largest foot is 27.2ish and went for size 8.5 27.4CM which fitted me like a glove with toe room to spare.
So if 29cm is your true foot length then I would say your good to go for 10.5.

The the trim line is definitely cleaner and sleeker, and if I was gonna order another pair it would be a TL shoe.

Don't forget that CN do wide fitting also.
Hi msimon thanks for the reply. My 'true' (I had my feet 3D mapped) foot length is actually 28.4cm and 10.7cm at the widest point. Does that suggest a 10 would work? :)

I have also asked Crown for advice and may order two sizes and return whichever one doesn't fit. If I am happy with the sneakers I intend to order a few pairs so it's really worth getting it right!

msimon

Reaction score
Hi msimon thanks for the reply. My 'true' (I had my feet 3D mapped) foot length is actually 28.4cm and 10.7cm at the widest point. Does that suggest a 10 would work? :)

I have also asked Crown for advice and may order two sizes and return whichever one doesn't fit. If I am happy with the sneakers I intend to order a few pairs so it's really worth getting it right!

I think a 10 would be fine but can't fully confirm that size because my feet are different to yours, I might be fine with the gap but you might need more.

Wouldn't it be great if they did mail order plain sneakers for sizing. Have a word with them because there customer service is very good.

Moostyle

Reaction score
I think a 10 would be fine but can't fully confirm that size because my feet are different to yours, I might be fine with the gap but you might need more.

Wouldn't it be great if they did mail order plain sneakers for sizing. Have a word with them because there customer service is very good.
Thanks for the feedback mate. I hope they get back to me tomorrow so I can order because according to what I read on Reddit the wait time for some models is 8+ weeks for orders at the moment due to supply chain issues!

msimon

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback mate. I hope they get back to me tomorrow so I can order because according to what I read on Reddit the wait time for some models is 8+ weeks for orders at the moment due to supply chain issues!

You're welcome.

The wait time is excruciating.

Last edited:

Moostyle

Reaction score
Hi guys. What are peoples thoughts on the regular calf vs vegetable tanned calf leathers; is there a difference in look and durability over the long term? :)

Moostyle

Reaction score
Well I just ordered two pairs of Overstone Derby TL in UK10 and UK10.5 and I will send back whichever size does not fit... assuming I don't need a UK11 of course! However from the feedback I have had and the size in CM of the last, the 10.5 with it's 29CM last 'should' fit, especially if they are a bit wider than a UK10.5 Converse, which I think they are. I really hope I can get something I am happy with as I will then start ordering the shell Harlestones that I want. :)

Lindsay from customer service was super nice and helpful and explained that vegetable tanned sneakers, while of course lovely, are a bit harder to care for and more prone to damage in bad weather, especially for the lighter colours. Darker colours are easier to maintain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads