1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crotch Wrinkles?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by deaddog, Oct 14, 2006.

1. deaddog

deaddog Senior Member

Kinda of a weird title, but here is the question. I have a Corby pants press that does a great job of pressing slacks from about mid-thigh down. But, after several wears my trousers wrinkle in the crotch area and down a couple of inches. I don't think that this area isn't designed to fit in the Corby. Anybody know how to use the Corby to press the entire trouser -- or have any other suggestion short of going to the dry cleaners for a press.

Thanks

2. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

3. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Distinguished Member

I don't like pant pressers. Instead, I use a sleeve board. The wider 'sleeve' is fine, for detail work, on trousers. Use a pressing cloth, and iron out the crotch. Do not wear the trousers, while in the process.

4. deaddog

deaddog Senior Member

I hate to iron (whether I have the pants on or off). Is there no newfangled gadget that will make it quicker and easier (ala the pants press)?

5. VMan

VMan Distinguished Member

I hate to iron (whether I have the pants on or off). Is there no newfangled gadget that will make it quicker and easier (ala the pants press)?

You could try one of those nice steamers that some forum members have. I hear they work great on wool garments.

6. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Distinguished Member

I've never used anything that works like an iron. Rowentas, are excellent.

7. willie

willie Member

I use a steamer for crotch wrinkles. Much easier and quicker than ironing. Actually is more effective than ironing. The steamer is great for knitwear as well. The wrinkles disappear almost immediately and it is very gentle.

8. Britalian

Britalian Distinguished Member

Kinda of a weird title, but here is the question. I have a Corby pants press that does a great job of pressing slacks from about mid-thigh down. But, after several wears my trousers wrinkle in the crotch area and down a couple of inches. I don't think that this area isn't designed to fit in the Corby. Anybody know how to use the Corby to press the entire trouser -- or have any other suggestion short of going to the dry cleaners for a press.

Thanks

That title provokes this: when Stephen Fry saw a particularly unflatteringly lit photo of WH Auden his immediate thought was: if that's his face, imagine what his scrotum looks like!

9. rabbimark

rabbimark Well-Known Member

as preventative maintenance, I generally hang my trousers upside-down by the cuffs in wooden clips. The weight of the fabric itself tends to smooth out most wrinkles and keeps the trousers looking good.

I thought one time of having a small one or two ounce fishing weight on an alligator clip to fasten to the inside fabric at the crotch to really get a nice line, but never got around to making one up.

Also, if your pants fit properly and you're not wearing them every day (i.e. have plenty of stock to rotate around) wrinkles like this shouldn't be a problem.

10. deaddog

deaddog Senior Member

Rabbimark: what is it about the fit that would cause these wrinkles? The pants visually appear to fit fine and they feel fine.