• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crosby Hallen & Cobb

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this brand? Is it good quality?

They have a cool moleskin blazer this season, but it's $670. Even at 50% off, it feels like a very stylish, good looking J.Crew or H&M blazer...is it worth the price?

I've never heard of this label.

srgprod

Reaction score
I have several pieces from them. They are a top notch manufacturer. I'd like to know who's carring their blazers. Stel in Boston used to carry them. The pants are great fitting and the quality is really good. Fred Segal in Santa Monica had last year's line.

I'd say you should go for it.

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to see their pieces at Stel's in Boston but now that you bring them up, I can't recall seeing them at any New York stores. Strange. Maybe I saw them at Odin once, but I can't recall.

I thought they were nice clothes but very pricey. I remember being particularly enamored with their corduroy shirts.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Yeah, that's my deal. I love the blazer (perfect fit and all) but I can't help but think:

1. High gorge and narrow lapels => will be out of style in fewer than 3-5 years
2. Moleskin => cotton and thus inexpensive
3. The jacket looks like a "nicer" version of what many of "trendy" college kids and 20-somethings wear from J.Crew, Gap, H&M, BR, Zara, ... (not that there's anything wrong with being young and trendy!) but probably will just look like something I bought for $40 from the Gap to everyone else
4. As much as I like the jacket (and don't mind spending lots of money on clothes), construction can't possibly be that good as it's not a sartorial house but probably priced to reflect the label or "artisan" qualities of the brand. I doubt it is even the construction quality of Jos. A. Bank -- but PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong

I'm a traditionally-minded dresser (post more on MC than on S&W), but I love APCs and want a jacket to wear with them!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say that you are overthinking it.

I haven't seen the jacket, but I have seen a lot of CHC stuff, and it is hard to imagine that the jacket is not much better construction than what you are going to find at Jos A Banks, not to mention that the materials are much more interesting and expensive.

Good moleskin is not cheap to use.

Everything goes out of fashion eventually, but I would guess that if you love it now, you will get plenty of use out of it.

As for looking like it came from the GAP - I doubt it. Maybe to a casual observer who knows nothing about clothing, but that person would probably be hard pressed to tell the difference between a Banana Republic suit and one from Ralph Lauren's Black label if the fit was good.

JohnnyCrockett

Reaction score
Thanks guys, you've helped me decide on (yet another) new purchase. I appreciate the advice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads