1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RoSaCe, May 11, 2015.

1. crdb

crdb Senior member

The too tight trousers, the thin lapels, the square metal belt, the wrinkling at the bottom, the low cut, the in-groups-of-three buttoned "online bespoke" shirt... the details are too good [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  2. SartodiNapoli

SartodiNapoli Senior member

I also loved it, very well done, the grouped buttons as a mall shirt franchise does is the most![​IMG]

3. crdb

crdb Senior member

I just walked home past someone whose jacket ended at the belt. I thought it was a cardigan... nope, it had lapels and a breast pocket. Now I'm looking, I notice even the lengths of the jackets are perfect in the cartoon.

4. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

This one will be easier for parisian people to understand: everybody's wearing the very specific Camps de Luca lapel, while the woman is wearing à 6X1 jacket, whose cut is very specific to Cifonelli, the other well known parisian tailor.

[​IMG]
    No, it’s not against her personally… I’m just saying it seems elementary to me that, when you have the opportunity to enter a company like our, the least you can do is to get information about the CEO’s tastes. Especially concerning his tailor …

5 people like this.
  5. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]

I love going shopping with André: even though I bought everything I wanted in every shop we went in, I’ve still been WAY MORE reasonable than my dear husband, meanwhile he only bought a simple pair of shoes !

6 people like this.
  6. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    ... OK ... So you don't know neither how to make some coffee ...

Nothing sartorial today, eventhough you can see a beautiful morning coat on the chair, and a lovely DB waistcoat on the floor

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    3 people like this.
  7. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]

who're these girlz?

2 people like this.
  8. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    And it’s only when I was in the subway that I realized the scale of the tragedy: i was wearing brown bluchers with a grey suit!! No way I can come back home, I live since this morning in fear of meeting a friend that would make an ironical comment, or worst, meeting a dapper stranger that would see me, say nothing, but of whom silent disapproval would be the most serious affront

5 people like this.
  9. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    Me? Getting my hunting license ? Thanks, but no ... I'm only here to pay off the purchasing og my tweed sport coats !

5 people like this.
  10. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hah, that's pretty much me the other week! :lol:

1 person likes this.
  11. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

Indeed @EFV , your photos inspired me !

today, upon an idea from the great @dirnelli

[​IMG]
    You coming up Honey ? For you I do the jacket for 700$, and the works for 1000$ !

5 people like this.
  12. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    Don’t you have sometimes the impression that life is being a huge mess? Yesterday evening, at the Gransart’s party, I had a discussion with Veronica, and she was talking to me about her daughter, Victoria. What made my blood boil - I didn’t even know she had a daughter- was that Veronica, whose name is from pherein, “to bear” in Ancient Greek and Nike, the Victory goddess, did name her daughter Victoria! The victory bearer bore Victoria! You must admit it’s pretty funny. Indeed, it made me laugh all night long. Well, and guess what? She was not at all that excited when I told her about this wonderful find. She smiled politely, and asked me if I wanted more champagne …I didn’t say anything more, obviously, but…It looks like people are passing through theirs lives

3 people like this.
  13. bloodybrilliant

bloodybrilliant Well-Known Member

Brilliant cartoons. Many thanks for posting them.

Best
    BB

14. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    Winter is coming and with him, the year 2017, with its flood of seasons greeting cards. Many of you already asked me if I could help them in this perilous challenge. A relevant greeting card, adapted to your firm market and actuality is a great way to stand in good position on your favorite client’s desk. Don’t miss this opportunity and contact croquissartoriaux@gmail.com or via Facebook, Instagram or Tumblr to create together your company’s next greeting card!

2 people like this.
  15. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

Oups, I forgot to post my two last sketches

[​IMG]
    While being an honest gentleman from the Loire Valley, Enguerrand Bouchard was what can be called the perfection incarnation of “the British tradition”. This did not prevented him, every November, when children came to ring his bell asking for candies, from kicking their asses, claiming that he refused to be imposed anglo-saxon traditions.
    Then, he went back in his library, poured himself a glass of Lagavulin and came back reading his Somerset Maugham novel.

2 people like this.
  16. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    Come on Gontran, don’t stay there, being a wallflower! Why don’t you come and have a sit with us on this beautiful sofa?

4 people like this.
  17. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    11:48 PM, Michel Choupon just realized that as long as his friends won’t have determine if this Saint Édredon 1957 should be drink round or square, it would be totally inappropriate to open the bottle to get your own idea on the question

2 people like this.
  18. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]

When receiving his PayPal statement, Hermenegilde Joraud realized at his expense how paradoxal “Black Friday” was: he may have made many very good deals, at the end of the day, he’ll still have made a very bad operation

2 people like this.
  19. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    Believe it or not father, but I’ve not always been this good parishioner you know actually. I’ve been quite a rebel. I remember, when I was a choirboy with my brother, during the Gloria, we could hear “Chelsea” in the “in excelsis”. So we sung our lungs out “in Arsenal Deo”, that did irritate father Berthin, who once, didn’t hesitate in telling us “ little evils”

3 people like this.
  20. RoSaCe

RoSaCe Senior member

[​IMG]
    The job interview!

8 people like this.