1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crombie

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HitMan009, Jun 4, 2003.

1. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior Member

I am looking a place that sells the british brand Crombie. If not exactly sell Crombie then a place that tailors with Crombie's cloth. I would like to get a tailored overcoat using Crombie's cashmere cloth. Please fill me in if someone knows of any in the NYC area....

Thanks....

2. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

Let me follow up on this, a year later, by asking anyone if they know of US retailors selling Crombie, particularly in NYC? Thanks. H.

3. HitMan009

HitMan009 Senior Member

The only thing I can fill you in with is that WWChan has 100% Crombie cashmere overcoating fabric. Patrick calculated the price to be around $1500 for a overcoat made with Crombie. 100% cashmere Loro Piana was costing upwards $2500 while Colombo was around $2100. Feeling all of them, the Crombie was a bit rougher but my the slightest degree. The Loro Piana seemed to have the tightest weave while the Colombo was softest I thought. This is however just touching them briefly. Perhaps someone can offer more insight into this.

4. Horace

Horace Distinguished Member

Hitman: obvious I know, but did you try ebay? I was going to bid on a beautiful Crombie in my size, navy blue, looked like it hadn't been used. But got cheap at the last minute. It was only US$100 too. (Plus US$50 shipping from England). But I figured, do I really need another coat? Questions like that shouldn't arise if you've visited this board often enough.