• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

TomTom

Reaction score
I own a Cordings covert coat and the quality is excellent! I would definitely recommend it especially as it also provides the best value for your money. Crombie product are beautifully made and good quality but severely overpriced in my opinion (almost a 1000 pounds for an RTW coat....please be serious)

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For my money Crombie is over priced; At £1k you could get an overcoat bespoke from Graham Browne or MTM for many Savile Row tailors. Cordings have some very good reviews, but I haven't handled their goods personally. Crombie have some nice pieces but in almost every instance of my walking into a shop it seems to be staffed by gormless idiots. Not an issue if you're shopping online.

Dib

Reaction score
I bought a couple of Crombie covert overcoats about 6 or 7 years ago, and they have held up incredibly well and are still going strong. Classically styled, well built winter overcoats that I can rely on winter after winter. That said, at that time they were a fair bit cheaper (around GBP550) and I agree with the above posters who have said that GBP1,000 is probably overpriced (althought they do have sales at the usual times during the year). I also agree that their stores (in London anyway) consistently seem to be staffed by absolute morons, which has put me off being a more frequent customer.

Also, whilst my overcoats feel very well made, I am not sure if the quality of Crombie's products has deteriorated since then.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips all

Does Crombie do online sales? Did I just miss it? $1200 is a lot for an overcoat

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
If one buys a coat from Crombie, then why not wait until the sale? I bought two pairs of Crombie needlecord trousers on sale - a mistake, and there's no tag showing where they were made - I doubt GB. (I like my covert coat from N&L.)

Last edited:

Naive Jr.

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I have one shirt from Harvie & Hudson. Unfortunately, the collar like those of Coles' shows signs of abrasion - probably due to false treatment in (over)washing, and if I wear such shirts with damaged collars I am subject to ridicule or not quite sincere compassion. But I checked the link you placed above and registered so that I receive their announcements. It seems to me one superficial detail of difference between coats is if the pockets are slanted or not. But to really differentiate one needs criteria or experience of which I do not have the means, thus I prefer to play safe and order from a firm I trust more than less.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieyboyd