• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

crocs

Oxnard

Reaction score
^wow that sucks. I guess the company has really gotten hurt by all the cheap croc-knockoffs that you see in walmarts and grocery stores for $10. Crocs are really one of the worst items of fashion that have come to popularity in America in recent years, so much worse than the rainbow sandals/birkenstocks of years past. I live in the south so I still see a lot of these, especially with children and middle-aged obese women. Hippies love them too, or at least they used to. The other day I saw a grown man wearing a pair that had a lace-up leather upper, it was like a croc-boot. I guess their attempts to expand outward in the field of footwear havn't worked out very well.

Ron H

Reaction score
They are getting killed on their gross margin thanks to the price of commodities, the shoes are made from petroleum.

Not to mention in a faltering economy items like Crocs aren't exactly high in consumer demand.

Mpalmer22

Reaction score
I hate these stupid shoes. I bought a pair for my dad b/c he has knee and foot problems. He told me how comfortable they are (which they are), but unless you are a nurse or working the line in a kitchen, these should never be worn in public. They are some of the silliest looking shoes around. Most of the people I see wearing them are 40-100lbs+ overweight.
attire.jpg

steve147

Reaction score
I tried Crocs once when they first came out and Im not going to lie but they hurt my feet and were very uncomfortable for me. however I did get a pair for free and wear them here and there, but I cant wear them for a long period of time or else it will start to hurt my feet.

esspee1200

Reaction score
oh no!! bad move. great idea, but poor mgnt. pull out now!!

lilcram

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are going out of biz ...

Didn't see THAT coming!

Bastion of

Reaction score
Crocs should never ever be worn outside of the house. That said, they are actually quite nice inside house and especially right after getting out of the shower. But only if you live alone or have a very safe marriage.

NormanF

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
do y'all like crocs? i just put my life savings into crox
Did you learn to troll from the guys at Dope Couture?
wink.gif

Now that nonnative has come out with its own line, I say there is still a place for cheap and rugged footwear. Good if you don't want to drop several bills on footwear!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads