• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crocodile or Alligator wallet...

Chordate

Reaction score
I want to get a really nice one with the skin from the stomach of the reptile... Barney's has one under their own label for 395, but I was wondering what other good brands are out there for a somewhat similar price. I went to the ferragamo store, and their crocodile wallet was 1600 dollars.
eek.gif

Thanks

Chris "Italia"

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chordate
I want to get a really nice one with the skin from the stomach of the reptile... Barney's has one under their own label for 395, but I was wondering what other good brands are out there for a somewhat similar price. I went to the ferragamo store, and their crocodile wallet was 1600 dollars.
eek.gif

Thanks

Yes, and Moreschi has one for 1385 dollars.

Demeter

Reaction score
At that price, might as well get one custom-made.

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
USD 395/= from Barneys is not a bad price, I paid the same in Euros for one from Staffano Bemer in Florence.

I will be listing this wallet for sale on e-bay as I do not use it anymore. The out side is perfect but because they have used a light natural brown colour lamb skin on the inside which has picked up a lot of marks.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rogerm
I want to second that notion. I got a cutom made Aligator wallet for $700 from http://aprilinparis.us Wonderful experience and a superlative product!
I second April in Paris... and I know several other members (iammatt, for one) will recommend her products, too. That's not a bad price, considering how good her stuff is...

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ralph Lauren has nice ones, too.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^They are nice, but aren't they just as wildly priced as most of the major brands? I guess he might have sales, but at least the ones on the website run twice or more what April in Paris would... and I could all but guarantee hers would be better than Ralphie's...

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
April in Paris men's wallet in red crocodile...
drool.gif

erdavis

Reaction score
I had a card case made by April in Paris and it was $585-$620 ish. Really great product. I thought the full wallet would be cranking past the 1K mark without breaking a sweat. She is the goto person for exotic colors in my mind. I did get orange and red.

Bill Julian (no website) in CT does fantastic work. I had a 3 type of alligator jotter pad done and it is exquisite.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
drool.gif

Agreed. I'd also like something in electric blue...

nmoraitis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
drool.gif

When I talked to Bea, I believed she mentioned that she does not use crocodile, only alligator.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you want a Alligator one it won't be too expensive. The one from Barneys sounds very well priced. The reason ferregamo and Ralph lauren are so expensive is because it is crocodile, which is much harder to get. That red alligator wallet does sound superb.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads