• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crocodile/Alligator Card Case

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to email them regarding my issue and I will let you know what they say.

PL92106

Reaction score
As it seems to be a mom and pop operation, could see sporadic QC issues popping up. See what they say. You can even let them know another buyer's are stitched around the perimeter and lined while yours is not. Like I said, really like mine even with the lining coming unglued.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will try to post pictures of mine and you can tell me how it compares to yours. I really like it I just wish it felt more sturdy and I feel that the upper slot is too deep. My upper card slides down to about the same level as the lower one. Will hopefully email them tonight and see what they say, ill keep yall posted.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased mine last week and I am happy with it so far but I feel that it could feel a bit more solid. Is this what yours looks like?

Does anyone know about the quality of the alligator skin?

PL92106

Reaction score
Looks similar. The lining is in the card slots. Cards in the upper slot do sit low if you push them down. Honestly, the skin on mine doesn't have those "cross hatch" marks. Also, the pores are not as evident on mine.

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed them this morning, time to wait for their reply.

How can you tell that its good skin?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I emailed them this morning, time to wait for their reply.

How can you tell that its good skin?

The scales are nice, you have the pores, its not a lot of filler neck skin, matte finish looks good. Ive seen a whole hell of a lot worse quality on cases like that.

PL92106

Reaction score
While there may be super minor QC issues, the skins are really nice. Probably gonna grab a few more in different colors/finishes. hile there may super minor QC issues, the skins are really nice. Probably gonna grab a few more in different colors/finishes.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

While there may be super minor QC issues, the skins are really nice. Probably gonna grab a few more in different colors/finishes. hile there may super minor QC issues, the skins are really nice. Probably gonna grab a few more in different colors/finishes.

PL92106

Reaction score
Did I stuh. stuh. stuh stutter? That happens when I use my Droid. In fact, all sorts of glitches when I access using Droid.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an Iphone and I have a droid. the battery life on the droid is horrible IMO, and the responsiveness of the screen is not that great. I am going back to the iphone. Time to tell the droid...pretty much BNIB....freaking Verizon rip off

Well I am keeping the case, the top of it is intentionally left that way and I can life with the upper card sliding down lol

narcissism

Reaction score
I think I am going to pull the trigger on the yellow ostrich and brown crocodile. At these prices, despite the petty quality issues, I don't think you can go wrong.

Like Spoo I would be caught dead with an exotic skin card case or wallet in a crazy color and like Spoo I think about that dark green RLPL alligator wallet with purple lining at least once a month.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250852008762#ht_500wt_1212

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice card case... and nice AE gold premium rewards. Did you get the special promo with 50000 bonus points? I went on a nice BB shopping spree with that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics