• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crocodile/Alligator Card Case

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
I wouldn't be caught dead with a wallet that color...

Don't be stupid, keep the $20 bill and send the case back for a full refund.
ffffuuuu.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, 8. They are 24 bucks on avg. and I am giving them as Xmas gifts to acquaintances, nobody "serious". If they suck, so what? Ive wasted more than that on worse.
smile.gif

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I just want to say, they came today and they are far better than I thought. Really, REALLY solid stuff here. Im going back to look for stuff for me as soon as I finish this post. IMO you really cant get much better quality for the money. http://shop.ebay.com/soulsis78556h/m.html

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I just want to say, they came today and they are far better than I thought. Really, REALLY solid stuff here. Im going back to look for stuff for me as soon as I finish this post. IMO you really cant get much better quality for the money.

http://shop.ebay.com/soulsis78556h/m.html

Thanks for the heads up. I am buying a few things right now.

PL92106

Reaction score
Anyone else have anything bad to say about this seller? I'm thinking about asking if they have the full interior/exterior gator wallets in a glossy finish ($188). Wonder if they can do a custom color request.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with regards to the ebay seller:

I received my card case about 5 days ago and I the only problem I find is that it seems to have been glued together. I purchased the 5 card slot crocodile card holder in brown and the top part, where there is an opening, seems very flimsy. I am considering returning it for a refund, depending on how I feel about buying a more expensive one.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah tell me about it, I find myself trying to justify a $500 RLPL one now. :plain:

narcissism

Reaction score
Are the card cases or wallets lined with anything?

The prices seem too good to be true- is it the actual skin or just embossed leather?

Last edited:

PL92106

Reaction score
So I got this one about a month ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Brown-WILD-GENU...348?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588eb9b96c

The quality of the alligator is pretty good IMO. It is stitched all around, not held together entirely with glue. The center bill slot is either leather lined or alligator - not sure. The issue is that the card slots are lined with a synthetic material, which isn't bad, but it is in fact glued to the back of the alligator skin. I've used it and overstuffed it for a month. Taking the cards in and out, the lining has started to come loose. I don't think this is a big deal and plan to use a stronger contact cement to fix it. For $30 shipped, couldn't be happier - especially with the quality of the alligator skin. What I like is that by the time this thing wears out, I can pick something else without the regret of spending a few hundred on something that may last longer, but I no longer like that much over time.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no they are not lined, at least from what I can tell. Per another sf member they are real and as far as I can tell they are. What would you look for to tell if it is fake?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads