• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones

JBT

Reaction score
Thought I'd post a couple of images of some recent Crockett & Jones purchases.

The boot is their Brecon model, in dark brown scotchgrain with a Dainite sole. The second pair is their Onslow shoe , in black scotchgrain, once again with a Dainite sole.

I need something that will take a lot of wear as I walk a lot and both pairs will be worn very frequently.

Crockett & Jones have always served me well and these are my 4th & 5th pair.

This time though I spent a couple of days looking at shoes from many makers including Lobb Paris and Edward Green....although I was a bit disapointed.

The last shapes of the Lobb's and the Green's were both more refined than the Crockett & Jones one's but in terms of materials there wasn't much in in it....in fact the Crockett & Jones leather's seem to have improved in quality recently....anybody know if this is the case?

The Green's were well done, the Lobb's were not any better finished, except for the sole area but that will soon be ruined anyway!

It was in fact the soles that were the problem on both of these makes....

The Edward Green Sandringham shoes were very elegant but the Dainite soles were cut very thin....defeating the object of having them really.

The Lobb Taymar have their own branded sole which looked quite hardwearing....however, when I inquired about having the sole replaced when worn out the staff seemed to take great pleasure in telling me that it would take at least 3.5 months and cost £185!!

The Brecon boot is quite a new style, on quite a pointed last (341) which gives in a nice modern look...but not something that will date very quickly.

The Onslow I really didn't like the look of being more of a boot person but having tried it on it looks nice. This is also on quite a pointed last (325) which makes it look a little less heavy when it is on.

I would say that you really must try shoes on the get a feel for them as some that I tried I really liked on the shelf (Crockett & Jones Tetbury for example) but I hated when they were on!

AgentQ

Reaction score
I like the Brecons! They remind me of the pebble-grain chukkas by AS for BB that were on sale late last year, but sleeker.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the boots.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to have the onslow in black calf but it was just so uninspiring, I sold it. The pebble grain looks 100x better.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads