• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones Spectators?

capua

Reaction score
I've been looking to kop a pair of spectators this summer and came across this C&J model called the Shefford. I love the grey/beige canvas and the broguing on the toe. Does this model still exist? I looked on pediwear and couldn't find any spectators made by C&J. If I was a petit U.K. 8.5 I would snap these puppies up in a second. Anyone have any information on the Shefford model?

Here is a link:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Crockett-Jones...-/350451715943

Try and tell me they are not the nicest spectators you've seen.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score
Ben Silver has some 'exclusive' C&J spectators, though at $200 extra the original C&J price for the privilege
9792_R.jpg

capua

Reaction score
Wow, that's a good find. Too bad about the price though, when importing C&J bench grade from the U.K. the price comes out to something like $390 for me. Paying $700+ one would be better off getting Edward Green or Lobb on sale.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if C&J still make them, but they have - or used to have - a benchgrade model called the "Gerrard", which looked very similar and was on the 348 last.

In addition to the standard calf leather, it also came in a linen (or canvas) and calf leather option (called the Gerrard 4, I believe) which looked excellent.

I think that Brooks Brothers carried it - or an extremely similar shoe - badged under the Peal & Co line. Fantastic value during the occasional Brooks Brothers 50% off sale.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
I don't know if C&J still make them, but they have - or used to have - a benchgrade model called the "Gerrard", which looked very similar and was on the 348 last. In addition to the standard calf leather, it also came in a linen (or canvas) and calf leather option (called the Gerrard 4, I believe) which looked excellent. I think that Brooks Brothers carried it - or an extremely similar shoe - badged under the Peal & Co line. Fantastic value during the occasional Brooks Brothers 50% off sale.
The Gerrard 3 is in the 2011 hardcopy catalogue, and is a calf/canvas shoe. Benchgrade line.

JDMills

Reaction score
I loves me some spectators, seems a little much to pay for them though. Have you tried looking for other spectators or are you fixed on those?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kenneth Cole Haan
Is there any online source for the Gerrard?

The catalogue indicates that you can order them directly from C&J.
I don't think that any of the usual suspects like Pediwear stock them.

capua

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JDMills
I loves me some spectators, seems a little much to pay for them though. Have you tried looking for other spectators or are you fixed on those?
I'm not set on them, they just happen to be my favourite at the moment. With the Shefford I personally like the chestnut leather and beige/grey canvas. It somehow makes them more subtle than with a white background. I'm not even stuck on Crockett & Jones to tell you the truth. There are some pretty nice Herring brand shoes on www.herringshoes.co.uk - but whenever I found colours that I liked the shoe was missing the medallion on the toe.
musicboohoo[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads