1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Crockett & Jones Savile Giveaway

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by lisapop, Mar 16, 2005.

1. lisapop

lisapop Senior Member

I have a pair of C&J Savile monkstrap shoes, purchased from C&J, in a dark chocolate brown color, just worn a couple times (gently worn with steel plates in the toe), that, turns out, I don't need, and would rather they go to someone who can give them a loving home...and loving feet (gratis).  The size on the shoes is 10 1/2 E---I'm an American size 11, and these shoes fit perfectly.  Just a few conditions: Please be completely familiar with the Savile shoe, as it is *not* the same monkstrap design as other C&J monkstraps; it's an updated rather elongated version (chiseled toe) that might not appeal to everyone, and I don't want them relegated to back-of-closet status; Pls. have experience with C&J and be 100% certain the Saviles will fit you, as I really want them to go to good use; Finally, since I'll pick up shipping costs, it would be good if you live in the US, even better if you reside in NY.  PM me and whomever I decide to give the shoes to, I'll let you know.  Enjoy them.
    Grayson

2. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Distinguished Member

just wanted to say, that's a right generous offer.

cheers to grayson.

/andrew

3. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior Member

Indeed. Wish I were a size 11.

Dan

4. InPa

InPa Well-Known Member

Very generous.

5. tdial

tdial Senior Member

I own a pair of size 9 UK Saviles in that color and they are one of my favorite pairs in my closet. I highly recommend them. My glass is raised to Grayson for his generosity. [​IMG]

6. Baron

Baron Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

What a nice offer. I'm in the process of ordering a custom made pair of Marteganis from Rider and I used the C&J Saville as a model.

7. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Stylish Dinosaur

I hope he finds someone to give them to that actually has good use for them, and doesn't just a) flip them on Ebay; or b) let them moulder at the back of their closet full of 500 pairs of Greens and Berlutis.

8. lisapop

lisapop Senior Member

Good point about Ebay---Anyone who is caught selling the shoes on Ebay, or who otherwise doesn't coddle them with loving care, will be shunned and will burn in hell in eternal damnation. Too strong a punishment?
    Grayson

9. demeis

demeis Distinguished Member

Thats mighty nice of you. Except its very mean of you not be a 10c.

10. seok

seok Senior Member

*Bells*

Perfect sizing for me (it's been tough to find a discount C&J in my size since the Barney's Sale a year back)...just PMed you.

What did we members do to deserve your generosity?

11. kabert

kabert Distinguished Member

Very generous indeed. I remember when you bought them and posted about their beauty and the toe piece, if I'm recalling correctly. Ah well, not my size.

12. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

l'm a 7. Damn. [​IMG] A mighty fine offer. You have earnt your place in shoo heaven (the big shoo in the sky). Regards: the shooman.