1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Crockett & Jones or Carmina ?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by aj2603, Mar 1, 2019.

1. aj2603

aj2603 Well-Known Member

So i am in the market for a new Black Oxford with some brogueing.
    I found two shoes on Pediwear which i like. Which one should i go for ?

The Crockett and Jones Malton

5542_alt3_oo.jpg
    5542_alt4_oo.jpg
    crockettandjones-malton-5542_hd.jpg

The Carmina Emilio 80512

carmina-emilio_80512_black-9138_hd.jpg
    9138_alt1_oo.jpg
    9138_alt2_oo.jpg

2. mintchox

mintchox Well-Known Member

Have you tried either of them for fit?

3. aj2603

aj2603 Well-Known Member

no i have not tried. i was planning to order online

4. jonny2box

jonny2box Member

I've had my feet and hands on crocket and jones and I honestly don't see what the fuss is all about. Sure good quality construction, but the feel left something to be desired -stiff leather, not real masterpieces like EG and GG. Felt about the same level as Church's leather. (I'm sure they also have a handgrade higher end offering) That being said I'm no expert. I think the black C&J shoes you have are more versatile with the shiny polish, over the matt black Carmina. I couldn't find a pair of John Lobbs that felt right on my feet. Whereas virtually everything in my size in most other English shoe makers felt great. I'd second @mintchox and only order online if they have a solid return policy, unless you are confident in your sizing and last numbers.

5. Wingtip77

Wingtip77 Senior Member

Both fine makers of shoes, but of those two examples, I'd go for the Crockett & Jones model. The Carmina shoe looks like something a French male prostitute would wear.

6. aj2603

aj2603 Well-Known Member

thank u for the advice ..

7. stylish_raven

stylish_raven Senior Member

I really like the tip of the Carmina Last, both look sleek however carmina´s looks even better IMO. should you choose I think you will not make any mistake

8. Mercurio

Mercurio Senior Member

Carmina model seems to be a wholecut with some brogue on it, that I personally like. Quality wise, both models are from reputable brands. I would research a bit about their lasts characteristics before making a decision, as it would definitely affect the way they fit.

9. aj2603

aj2603 Well-Known Member

thank u