• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

once a day

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Forgot to add point 1.5: Make sure the data in the spreadsheet is all filled out, there are several entries which don't have a size, the sheet should be completed and forwarded to Pernilla for reference (along with email addresses.)

I've been tracking the Galway II for some time. Is there anyone in favor of switching to either Dainite or Ridgeway sole? We're splitting or time between Hong Kong and Stockholm, so I need something that can width-stand the rain.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Pernilla just told me that the extra charge for a MTO for the Zug Snowdon with plain toe would be £250...
I am back on board, suddenly ;-)

AdductorMagnus

Reaction score
Maybe ask Pernilla if they can just "forget" to stitch the faux toecap on your boots in the GMTO? I mean, it's less work, not more.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Maybe ask Pernilla if they can just "forget" to stitch the faux toecap on your boots in the GMTO? I mean, it's less work, not more.

That's just what I told her, to take my pair and instead of sew the cap toe, just put it with the others which are already sewn. So that we do not add a manufacturing step but we just remove a simple one...
But it become automatically a MTO and the price rise up.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Galways yesterday. Lifted one pant leg scandalously high to shownoff this glorious boot.

BB7787ED-5564-41FA-A945-44F922E01E3A.jpeg

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's just what I told her, to take my pair and instead of sew the cap toe, just put it with the others which are already sewn. So that we do not add a manufacturing step but we just remove a simple one...
But it become automatically a MTO and the price rise up.
I don’t see any benefits of you doing this unless it’s just your preference.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
I don’t see any benefits of you doing this unless it’s just your preference.
In fact, esthetically I prefer with faux cap toe but for better waterproofness it is better in plain toe. Because I want to use them in bad weather conditions, I find more logical a plain toe with zug leather and Veldtschoen construction.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In fact, esthetically I prefer with faux cap toe but for better waterproofness it is better in plain toe. Because I want to use them in bad weather conditions, I find more logical a plain toe with zug leather and Veldtschoen construction.
Possibly but I have used these boots in all kind of crappy weather. Never had any problem what so ever. If you are getting rid of faux cap toe for 250 pounds extra. Just to make boot more water proof. It’s just plain throwing money away you will not see any difference. Just my two cent, you can do as you please. Own both type of styles & use it as bad weather **** kickers.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Possibly but I have used these boots in all kind of crappy weather. Never had any problem what so ever. If you are getting rid of faux cap toe for 250 pounds extra. Just to make boot more water proof. It’s just plain throwing money away you will not see any difference. Just my two cent, you can do as you please. Own both type of styles & use it as bad weather **** kickers.
I am already back on board the GMTO ;-)
I don't want to spend 250£ for a seam less, for sure.

Last edited:

Mr Stevens

Reaction score
Still looking for a final person to join the Dundee. Pernilla is already taking our info, so if you join, you won't have too wait. Here's a reminder of how awesome @mogili222 's boots look:

Dundee.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads