• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regarding the sole, it seeems to me that someone is messing with the sheet. I was in as "double leather only". Yesterday I saw someone had switched it to dainite. I switched it back to double leather only. And today I see it was switched to double leather/majority. This is not cool. I was very open up front that I am only in if it's double leather (I'm cool with JR). I believe there were others who were also adamant about double leather. Perhaps the sheet changes were done by someone inadvertently? !

Totally not cool if someone is doing that.

mkdd

Reaction score
UPDATE: I heard back from Lauren this morning regarding the price. The updated quote was including the price increase so it stands at:

Including VAT: £620
Less VAT £516.67
+£30 shipping to US
That is $683.33 with shipping at today's rates.
+£15 for JR soles ~$705.00
at today's rates

As of this morning we have 12 participants with a few undecided!!!

This is great news and I hope we can get solid commitments from everyone in a timely manner. The list of the first 12 participants are:

@KPDarb
@movoblast
@modernize
@mosy
@Caligula77
@jeew
@tkebh979
@mxgreen
@TokenMao
@antseg
@mkdd
@fersalsa** reddit? please PM me on here or reddit if you see this.

Lurkers:
@coolarrow
@go_greengo
@wqvong

Currently, the sole choice is split 5/5 with 2 who don't care. If everyone can input either Double Leather or Danite that would be great. If you prefer one or the other then choose that but if you're okay with either please put Majority. I will make the choice for the sole on Sunday (with all consideration of preference to those on the list and potential backups) and I will more forward with that for the remainder of the order. It is too difficult to please everyone and I would like to keep this moving. I apologize in advance for anyone who is discouraged by the choice.

**Last note, if anyone is definitely committed to the order, please send me your name and email asap and I will get the final list together for Pernilla.

Let me know if you have any questions!

This is my first MTO so I'm a bit unclear on how this works - I prefer Double Leather (and switched myself to "Double Leather" on the sheet), but would be fine with Dainite if that wins the majority. If Dainite ends up being the choice, will I be moved off the list in favor of someone else who wanted Dainite?

Sorry for the confusion on my end, but I want to make sure that I end up on the final list regardless of the sole choice! Double leather is my preference but in the end I'm fine with the majority.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This GMTO currently has 12 people listed on the sheet! We are full! We should get this done asap to get in ahead of the price increase.

Regarding the sole, it seeems to me that someone is messing with the sheet. I was in as "double leather only". Yesterday I saw someone had switched it to dainite. I switched it back to double leather only. And today I see it was switched to double leather/majority. This is not cool. I was very open up front that I am only in if it's double leather (I'm cool with JR). I believe there were others who were also adamant about double leather. Perhaps the sheet changes were done by someone inadvertently?

Maybe whoever is running this (@kpdarb?) can pm each member to get a true count on who wants leather and who wants dainite and who has flexibility.

Either way, with 12 in and 3 lurkers this should be able to get done!!

Excited!

I knew you expressed interest in Double Leather only on the first day and filled out the sheet accordingly. At that time I think someone above you left and shifted all the cells changing everyones choice. I really hope no one is messing with it. I like this idea and will edit the post accordingly. Thanks!

Totally not cool if someone is doing that.

Agreed.

This is my first MTO so I'm a bit unclear on how this works - I prefer Double Leather (and switched myself to "Double Leather" on the sheet), but would be fine with Dainite if that wins the majority. If Dainite ends up being the choice, will I be moved off the list in favor of someone else who wanted Dainite?

Sorry for the confusion on my end, but I want to make sure that I end up on the final list regardless of the sole choice! Double leather is my preference but in the end I'm fine with the majority.
Nope. Your spot is your spot. Once the sole choice is made you can take it or leave it :)

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I heard back from Lauren this morning regarding the price. The updated quote was including the price increase so it stands at:

Including VAT: £620
Less VAT £516.67
+£30 shipping to US
That is $683.33 with shipping at today's rates.
+£15 for JR soles ~$705.00
at today's rates

As of this morning we have 12 participants with a few undecided!!!

This is great news and I hope we can get solid commitments from everyone in a timely manner. The list of the first 12 participants are:

@KPDarb
@movoblast
@modernize
@mosy
@Caligula77
@jeew
@tkebh979
@mxgreen
@TokenMao
@antseg
@mkdd
@fersalsa** reddit? please PM me on here or reddit if you see this.

Lurkers:
@coolarrow
@go_greengo
@wqvong

Currently, the sole choice is split 5/5 with 2 who don't care. If everyone can input either Double Leather or Danite that would be great. If you prefer one or the other then choose that but if you're okay with either please put Majority. I will make the choice for the sole on Sunday (with all consideration of preference to those on the list and potential backups) and I will more forward with that for the remainder of the order. It is too difficult to please everyone and I would like to keep this moving. I apologize in advance for anyone who is discouraged by the choice.

Edit: Please PM with your sole choice.

**Last note, if anyone is definitely committed to the order, please send me your name and email asap and I will get the final list together for Pernilla.

Let me know if you have any questions!

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only posted about it in the daily thread yesterday, but started a standalone thread this morning, found HERE.

Any slots left? Don't know about sizing, I take 8D in Alden Barrie/TB, 8.5D in Alden Hampton/Aberdeen/Plaza, and 8/8.5E in EG 82, so I assume 7.5E UK?

Mutombo

Reaction score

Any slots left?  Don't know about sizing, I take 8D in Alden Barrie/TB, 8.5D in Alden Hampton/Aberdeen/Plaza, and 8/8.5E in EG 82, so I assume 7.5E UK?

Should be two slots left, right @momone

I'm going to take my usual C&J size, 11uk, half down from barrie/trubalance (11.5D).

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score

GMTO Specs:
Last: 325
Width: E
Color: Dark Brown
Material: Shell Cordovan
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden
Edges: Antique
Welt: Storm
Sole: Double Leather
Sole Brand (TBD): either regular C&J or JR

This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips except that there will be no wheeling on the edges as the factory will not do that.

The only option that is being considered is whether to use regular C&J double leather soles or upgrade to double JR soles. There is an additional £15 up-charge for the JR option. The VAT is not taken off this as it is a service and not a product.

All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped.

Price:
If everyone pays before March 1st:
Standard Double Leather Soles: Excluding VAT - £500 = about $625 (Including VAT - £600)
Double JR Soles: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615)

If anyone pays after March 1st:
Standard Double Leather Soles: Excluding VAT - £520.84 = about $650 (Including VAT - £625)
Double JR Soles: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640)

Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations)

Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet

Updates:

• Status: We currently have 8 committed so far plus 3 backups. I'm not sure what the backup position means or where that leaves us. I've usually seen backup positions for folks who didn't make the initial 12 participants and wish to join if someone drops out. In other words do we only need 1 more to close this out or do we still need 4 more?

• Soles: We are still deciding on whether to go with double JR soles or regular C&J double leather soles. Most people prefer the JR but will go with majority. We need to lock this down by the end of the weekend. Please let me know if JR soles is a showstopper for anyone. Otherwise I will probably just change the specs and prices to JR soles and be done with that detail.

• Price Increase: There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.

• Sizing: Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.

Will this one be posted on reddit as well? Just 3 more (2 if Mr. Clemson's on)!

Skelnik

Reaction score

Will this one be posted on reddit as well?  Just 3 more (2 if Mr. Clemson's on)!

I am not familiar with Reddit but if someone in the group knows how to post it there it would be helpful. I believe everyone is at least okay with JR soles so I am going to make an update shortly to to the posting to show the specs of this GMTO to be JR soles.

Skelnik

Reaction score

GMTO Specs:
Last: 325
Width: E
Color: Dark Brown
Material: Shell Cordovan
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden
Edges: Antique
Welt: Storm
Sole: JR Double Leather

This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips except that there will be no wheeling on the edges as the factory will not do that.

All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped.

Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.

There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.

Price:
If everyone pays before March 1st: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615)
If anyone pays after March 1st: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640)

Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations)

Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet

Updates:

• Status: We currently have 9 committed so far plus 2 backups and a couple others who have mentioned interest.

• Soles: We have solidified the sole option and have gone with JR double leather soles. The spreadsheet has been updated to reflect this in order to eliminate confusion.

• Email Addresses: Please PM me with your email address so that I have that ready for Lauren when she needs to contact everyone for their size, payment, etc.

Thank you to everyone involved. We are very close and just need a couple more to get this closed out.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads