• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

mkdd

Reaction score
If you are sure you want in then I recommend adding yourself under interested and confirm yourself in the last column. Take your time since sizing is important but i echo @mxgreen with "get it done"!
fing02%5B1%5D.gif

Indeed!

In that case, I'll switch myself to interested - I'm sure I want in, and will get the sizing done by early next week. I'm also fine with paying before I know the exact size if that helps.

Booter

Reaction score
Is there a Warlow 3.0 in play? The google doc is marked black but there are 11/12 interested. May be wildly out of date?

tkebh979

Reaction score
Is there a Warlow 3.0 in play? The google doc is marked black but there are 11/12 interested. May be wildly out of date?

No one is running it - those were names left over after closing the Warlow 2.0.

If you're interested, take the list and run with it!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

smuj

Reaction score
@smuj It has picked up a bit of steam with 8 people on board seemingly. Can you post on reddit? Are you willing to coordinate this?
Damn, wrote a quick reply but forgot to press submit. Just noticed this morning!

Happy to although it is a first for me. And have to say I am not familiar with reddit. I can check it out and register but given speed may be of the essence, a regular user my be better advertising there this time around.

Have you already been in touch with Lauren re cost as I see there is a price on the tab already?

Happy to take the reigns, but equally happy if you wish to.

Vincent Chanal

Reaction score
Were is the topic about GMTO on Reddit? I havent found any post about Zug Snwodon on it.

momone

Reaction score
@momone I posted on reddit about the Snowdon. Seems to be some interest, so we'll see if we can get the last 2 signed up.

I saw some discussion about the sole when this GMTO first started a few months ago. I'm not sure if it was settled, but I'll add my vote anyways. I prefer Ridgeway but will stick with commando if that's the consensus. Not a deal breaker for me.

We indeed had this discussion at the start. I was definitely in for ridgeway, but it was a dealbreaker for some people, so we decided to stick with original commando

As a lot of people went out and in, I could ask again, but It's already hard enough to get people to answer to simpe question as "are you still in"....

Last edited:

momone

Reaction score
Can some one please share there zugg boot sizing that's going on now & what they take for other brands like EG, gg or carmina etc thx you.

228 is pretty TTS. Closer to the foot than 325, especially in height around the vamp, but not tight. Same in lenght but wider at the toes
i'll go with a 9.5. Same as Tricker's 4497, 4327 and 2298, Carmina rain, Alden 10E barrie and 10D truebalance, for examples

Skelnik

Reaction score

GMTO Specs:
Last: 325
Width: E
Color: Dark Brown
Material: Shell Cordovan
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden
Edges: Antique
Welt: Storm
Sole: Double Leather
Sole Brand (TBD): either regular C&J or JR

This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips except that there will be no wheeling on the edges as the factory will not do that.

The only option that is being considered is whether to use regular C&J double leather soles or upgrade to double JR soles. There is an additional £15 up-charge for the JR option. The VAT is not taken off this as it is a service and not a product.

All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped.

Price:
If everyone pays before March 1st:
Standard Double Leather Soles: Excluding VAT - £500 = about $625 (Including VAT - £600)
Double JR Soles: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615)

If anyone pays after March 1st:
Standard Double Leather Soles: Excluding VAT - £520.84 = about $650 (Including VAT - £625)
Double JR Soles: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640)

Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations)

Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet

Updates:

• Status: We currently have 8 committed so far plus 3 backups. I'm not sure what the backup position means or where that leaves us. I've usually seen backup positions for folks who didn't make the initial 12 participants and wish to join if someone drops out. In other words do we only need 1 more to close this out or do we still need 4 more?

• Soles: We are still deciding on whether to go with double JR soles or regular C&J double leather soles. Most people prefer the JR but will go with majority. We need to lock this down by the end of the weekend. Please let me know if JR soles is a showstopper for anyone. Otherwise I will probably just change the specs and prices to JR soles and be done with that detail.

• Price Increase: There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.

• Sizing: Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm considering joining the brown marlow wingtip. Will let you know.

Last edited:

Manav Kapoor

Reaction score

[COLOR=2F5597][COLOR=044A91]Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO[/COLOR][/COLOR]

GMTO Specs: Last: 325 Width: E Color: Dark Brown Material: Shell Cordovan Eyelets: Blind/Hidden Edges: Antique Welt: Storm Sole: Double Leather [COLOR=00B050]Sole Brand (TBD): either regular C&J or JR[/COLOR] This GMTO is for the same shoe as the C&J for Ralph Lauren Marlow wingtips except that there will be no wheeling on the edges as the factory will not do that. The only option that is being considered is whether to use regular C&J double leather soles or upgrade to double JR soles. There is an additional £15 up-charge for the JR option. The VAT is not taken off this as it is a service and not a product. All orders in a GMTO such as this must be the same in regards to the color, the width, and the sole unit. The only thing that is different is the sizing. We need 12 and only 12 participants to move forward with the GMTO. Once everyone pays and the order goes to the factory it takes about 4 months before the shoes are completed and shipped. Price: [COLOR=008000]If everyone pays before March 1[SUP]st[/SUP]:[/COLOR] Standard Double Leather Soles: Excluding VAT - £500 = about $625 (Including VAT - £600) Double JR Soles: Excluding VAT - £515 = about $645 (Including VAT - £615) [COLOR=FF0000]If anyone pays after March 1[SUP]st[/SUP][/COLOR]: Standard Double Leather Soles: Excluding VAT - £520.84 = about $650 (Including VAT - £625) Double JR Soles: Excluding VAT - £535.84 = about $670 (Including VAT - £640) Shipping to USA - £30 = about $37 (Sorry, I do not have rates for non-US destinations) [COLOR=FF8C00]Brown Marlow Wingtip GMTO Spreadsheet[/COLOR] [COLOR=2E75B6]Updates:[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=2E75B6]Status: We currently have 8 committed so far plus 3 backups. I'm not sure what the backup position means or where that leaves us. I've usually seen backup positions for folks who didn't make the initial 12 participants and wish to join if someone drops out. In other words do we only need 1 more to close this out or do we still need 4 more?[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=2E75B6]Soles: We are still deciding on whether to go with double JR soles or regular C&J double leather soles. Most people prefer the JR but will go with majority. We need to lock this down by the end of the weekend. Please let me know if JR soles is a showstopper for anyone. Otherwise I will probably just change the specs and prices to JR soles and be done with that detail.[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=2E75B6]Price Increase: There will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. [/COLOR][COLOR=0070C0]Everyone in the group needs to pay by February 28th to avoid the price increase. If even 1 individual hasn't paid by March 1st the price goes up by £25 and everyone who has already paid will need to pay the difference. The £25 increase includes VAT so for those of us outside the EU the price increase is actually £20.84.[/COLOR]
  • [COLOR=2E75B6]Sizing: Please try to figure out your sizing as early as possible if you don't already know it in order to prevent delays when it comes time to pay. In my experience Lauren needs to know your size before you can pay.[/COLOR]
Backup section is supposed to be for when 12 spots are filled out but no final confirmation has occurred. At that point if there are any dropouts from the first 12, backups move up into the main list. Backup = committed, but no space. As it stands, we seem to have the opposite scenario - space is available but those three are not yet committed.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=8B4513]brown shell MArlow Ptb[/COLOR]

[COLOR=8B4513]Update:[/COLOR] Hello Gentlemen, I heard back from Lauren today regarding the price. I have updated the pricing in green below. At the moment, it is unclear to me whether she included the price increase in her breakdown but I have asked for clarification.
Specs:
  • Grasmere
  • 325 last
  • Brown Shell Cordovan
  • Exposed eyelets
  • Storm welt
  • Antique welt/edge
  • Double leather or Danite soles
[COLOR=008000]Update: Price: £620 less VAT £516.67 +£30 shipping to US. That is $683.33 with shipping at today's rates. +£15 for JR soles (COLOR] **Question: It seems we are pretty evenly split on the interest for danite and double leather. Personally, I prefer JR double leather as its extermely hard wearing and I really want some brown shell plain toe shoes. Would JR leather soles be a deal breaker for those interested in Danite? I received a number of PM on reddit from interested parties but all expressed interest in double leather. Please update the spreadsheet accordingly, I believe something was shifted and the preferences dont align properly.
This GMTO currently has 12 people listed on the sheet! We are full! We should get this done asap to get in ahead of the price increase. Regarding the sole, it seeems to me that someone is messing with the sheet. I was in as "double leather only". Yesterday I saw someone had switched it to dainite. I switched it back to double leather only. And today I see it was switched to double leather/majority. This is not cool. I was very open up front that I am only in if it's double leather (I'm cool with JR). I believe there were others who were also adamant about double leather. Perhaps the sheet changes were done by someone inadvertently? Maybe whoever is running this (@kpdarb?) can pm each member to get a true count on who wants leather and who wants dainite and who has flexibility. Either way, with 12 in and 3 lurkers this should be able to get done!! Excited!

Last edited:

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO

GMTO Specs:
Last: 325
Width: E
Color: Whisky
Material: Shell Cordovan
Eyelets: Blind/Hidden (TBD this is the current preference)
Edges: Natural
Welt: Storm
Sole: Double Leather
Sole Brand (TBD): either regular C&J or JR

Price:
Price (Including VAT) - £650
Price - (Excluding VAT) - £541.67 = about $672.50 (at current exchange rate)

Price with double JR soles:
Price (Including VAT) - £665
Price - (Excluding VAT) - £556.67 = about $691.12 (at current exchange rate)

Postage - This varies depending on where the customer is based. £30 to USA

Whisky Cheviot 2 GMTO Spreadsheet

FYI...Price increase on March 1st. Lauren has confirmed there will be a price increase of £25 on March 1st. Lets get this moving if we want to get it going before prices go up. I just received these prices and information a couple hours ago. Spread sheet currently has 6 on it with no backups.

Update: Currently sitting at 9. Need 3 more. Really hoping to have 3 more so I can start the process with Lauren Monday and get us all paid by the 28th. C'mon guys you know you want more whisky longwing in your life....
devil.gif

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brown shell MArlow Ptb

UPDATE:

Specs:

• Grasmere
  • 325 last
  • Brown Shell Cordovan
  • Exposed eyelets
  • Storm welt
  • Antique welt/edge
  • Double leather or Danite soles

UPDATE: I heard back from Lauren this morning regarding the price. The updated quote was including the price increase so it stands at:

Including VAT: £620
Less VAT £516.67
+£30 shipping to US
That is $683.33 with shipping at today's rates.
+£15 for JR soles ~$705.00
at today's rates

As of this morning we have 12 participants with a few undecided!!!

This is great news and I hope we can get solid commitments from everyone in a timely manner. The list of the first 12 participants are:

@KPDarb
@movoblast
@modernize
@mosy
@Caligula77
@jeew
@tkebh979
@mxgreen
@TokenMao
@antseg
@mkdd
@fersalsa** reddit? please PM me on here or reddit if you see this.

Lurkers:
@coolarrow
@go_greengo
@wqvong

Currently, the sole choice is split 5/5 with 2 who don't care. If everyone can input either Double Leather or Danite that would be great. If you prefer one or the other then choose that but if you're okay with either please put Majority. I will make the choice for the sole on Sunday (with all consideration of preference to those on the list and potential backups) and I will more forward with that for the remainder of the order. It is too difficult to please everyone and I would like to keep this moving. I apologize in advance for anyone who is discouraged by the choice.

**Last note, if anyone is definitely committed to the order, please send me your name and email asap and I will get the final list together for Pernilla.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads