• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@M2511 @BackInTheJox It looks like we're the only 3 on the list for the brown Cheviots. Most people seem to want them in whiskey.

I put my name down as a back up for the whiskeys. It would be nice if we could at least get that one through before the price increase.

Earlier in the thread, somebody mentioned brass eyelets. I felt that they would not look good with the dark brown shell. With whiskey, I think they may actually look very nice.

Here is a picture of the Alden "Brassvello" for JCrew for inspiration:

I understand that this is not an exact match (ravello vs whiskey), but gives an idea of how brass eyelets can actually look really nice with the right colors. A whiskey LWB with natural edge is already a very casual shoe. I think brass eyelets could really bring the shoes to the next level.

Thoughts? Am I being crazy here?

I wouldn't have a problem with it personally. It would be up to everyone else. Hopefully we can fill the spots and pay in 10 days...

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Strongly considering the Marlow GMTO. Would be my first MTO.

Will them being on the 325 last take out the guesswork of sizing the RL Marlows? i.e. Will the sizing be consistent with my Connistons?

Also what are the benefits of the Double JR soles?

Sorry for the rookie questions, just want to make an informed commitment.

I would go with your Coniston size.

JR soles are supposed to be harder wearing than the stock soles.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't want to compete with the new Cheviot tab on the spreadsheet but talk of Cheviots got me excited. I narrowly avoided signing up for Warlow 2 as I prefer longwings. But I have a lot of dark brown and have just just bought the brown shell Harlechs. M2511 mentioned Whiskey on the Brown tab which whet my appetite so I have added a tab for Whiskey Cheviots. As I say, I do not want to compete with the brown Cheviots tab so if there is no interest I will remove in a few days.

@smuj It has picked up a bit of steam with 8 people on board seemingly. Can you post on reddit? Are you willing to coordinate this?

smuj

Reaction score
@smuj It has picked up a bit of steam with 8 people on board seemingly. Can you post on reddit? Are you willing to coordinate this?
Happy to although it is a first for me. And have to say I am not familiar with reddit. I can check it out and register but given speed may be of the essence, a regular user my be better advertising there this time around.

Have you already been in touch with Lauren re cost as I see there is a price on the tab already?

Happy to take the reigns, but equally happy if you wish to.

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy to although it is a first for me. And have to say I am not familiar with reddit. I can check it out and register but given speed may be of the essence, a regular user my be better advertising there this time around.

Have you already been in touch with Lauren re cost as I see there is a price on the tab already?

Happy to take the reigns, but equally happy if you wish to.

Yes, I have been in contact with her for pricing etc. I have not run a GMTO personally but unless there is someone more experienced I can take the lead if you'd like. I also have just about 0 experience with reddit (for some reason I never really got into it). Let me know.

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brown shell MArlow Ptb

Update:

Hello Gentlemen,

I heard back from Lauren today regarding the price. I have updated the pricing in green below. At the moment, it is unclear to me whether she included the price increase in her breakdown but I have asked for clarification.

Specs:

• Grasmere
  • 325 last
  • Brown Shell Cordovan
  • Exposed eyelets
  • Storm welt
  • Antique welt/edge
  • Double leather or Danite soles

Update: Price: £620 less VAT £516.67 +£30 shipping to US. That is $683.33 with shipping at today's rates. +£15 for JR soles (<$710.00)

**Question: It seems we are pretty evenly split on the interest for danite and double leather. Personally, I prefer JR double leather as its extermely hard wearing and I really want some brown shell plain toe shoes. Would JR leather soles be a deal breaker for those interested in Danite? I received a number of PM on reddit from interested parties but all expressed interest in double leather. Please update the spreadsheet accordingly, I believe something was shifted and the preferences dont align properly.

Last edited:

Mutombo

Reaction score
@momone I posted on reddit about the Snowdon. Seems to be some interest, so we'll see if we can get the last 2 signed up.

I saw some discussion about the sole when this GMTO first started a few months ago. I'm not sure if it was settled, but I'll add my vote anyways. I prefer Ridgeway but will stick with commando if that's the consensus. Not a deal breaker for me.

Last edited:

mkdd

Reaction score
First post on here but I'm definitely interested in the Marlow PTBs - unfortunately I'm not positive on my 325 sizing yet, but I'm optimistically hoping to get sized on some Grasmeres within the next week or so (hopefully this weekend to beat the price increase). I added myself in the spreadsheet under Lurking but will definitely be in if I manage to figure out my size before the order's full.

Last edited:

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First post on here but I'm definitely interested in the Marlow PTBs - unfortunately I'm not positive on my 325 sizing yet, but I'm optimistically hoping to get sized on some Grasmeres within the next week or so (hopefully this weekend to beat the price increase). I added myself in the spreadsheet under Lurking but will definitely be in if I manage to figure out my size before the order's full.

Get it done!!

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you are sure you want in then I recommend adding yourself under interested and confirm yourself in the last column. Take your time since sizing is important but i echo @mxgreen with "get it done"!
fing02[1].gif

Get it done!!

Indeed!

M2511

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@smuj I threw it up on reddit. Hopefully I didn't break any rules there. 4 more to get this Whisky Cheviot off the ground!

teaegg

Reaction score
Looks like we have 8 + 2 on the Brown Shell Lindricks... two more gents ! This promises to be a fantastic boot ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the same spreadsheet? I added myself a while ago but seems like no one else is interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads