• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Marmite89

Reaction score
It was mentioned a couple of times when this thread was busy with activity a few weeks back… does anyone know the date that C&J are planning on putting up the prices? I’d like to get an MTO order in but would ideally wait a few weeks.

Gustaf

Reaction score
It was mentioned a couple of times when this thread was busy with activity a few weeks back… does anyone know the date that C&J are planning on putting up the prices? I’d like to get an MTO order in but would ideally wait a few weeks.

No one seems to know for sure but word on the street is end of February, based on historical data.

Marmite89

Reaction score
Finally, after many months of waiting, a maiden voyage for my Zug Grain Snowdon’s from the GMTO we closed on here back at the end of last Feb.

Unfortunately these had to find their way back to Northampton to have the speed hooks refitted after one pulled out when trying them on. Big shout of thanks to Dan in C&J repairs for the really swift turnaround, they were only back in the factory about a week. Most of the delays have been me and not trusting my boots to the mail system until all the strikes and Christmas pressure were out of the way.

C3FF3AA1-2D3A-4EFB-88ED-EC0D94C2A8F7.jpeg

C197A033-4E9D-433A-801B-02B3F5073AC2.jpeg

Last edited:

Gustaf

Reaction score
Finally, after many months of waiting, a maiden voyage for my Zug Grain Snowdon’s from the GMTO we closed on here back at the end of last Feb.

Unfortunately these had to find their way back to Northampton to have the speed hooks refitted after one pulled out when trying them on. Big shout if thanks to Dan in C&J repairs for the really swift turnaround, they were only back in the factory about a week. Most of the delays have been me and not trusting my boots to the mail system until all the strikes and Christmas pressure were out of the way.

View attachment 1887629

View attachment 1887631

Enjoyed the write-up! Boots look great. Damn, I want these now. I’m trying to get the RL Snowdon made as an MTO. This could be next.

J.Vasquez

Reaction score
Any near future Lindricks or Gianni's (Galway) GTMOs in shell? Looks like I just missed last years GTMO......

Marmite89

Reaction score
Snowdon in Zug with a faux cap toe?
That would have been my preference when we had the Zug's made last year. But I think the factory had problems with previous runs trying to do the cap toe and basically refused to do a group run with it again. Things may of course have changed again...

Gustaf

Reaction score
That would have been my preference when we had the Zug's made last year. But I think the factory had problems with previous runs trying to do the cap toe and basically refused to do a group run with it again. Things may of course have changed again...

Really? I missed that drama. I am hoping to have a Snowdon MTO with faux cap toe approved by the factory, but not in Zug. Was Zug the issue or why not a cap toe? It’s just stitching, isn’t it?

Marmite89

Reaction score
Really? I missed that drama. I am hoping to have a Snowdon MTO with faux cap toe approved by the factory, but not in Zug. Was Zug the issue or why not a cap toe? It’s just stitching, isn’t it?

If you search back a couple of years you’ll find a Zug Snowdon with cap toe. The factory did manage it but clearly had some issues, not sure if that one was faux with just the stitching. They might just have been concerned about waterproofness, given the nature of what a Zug boot is intended for.

Gustaf

Reaction score
If you search back a couple of years you’ll find a Zug Snowdon with cap toe. The factory did manage it but clearly had some issues, not sure if that one was faux with just the stitching. They might just have been concerned about waterproofness, given the nature of what a Zug boot is intended for.

I remember reading about that GMTO - with a faux cap toe - and yes, I think someone even mentioned regretting the choice on account of water resistance, but I don’t recall anyone mentioning that C&J voiced any concerns over future GMTOs with that feature. I am not questioning that it happened, just saying I missed that discussion if it took place here.

I believe @Crat was part of that make-up, perhaps he can shed some light.

But as long as the customer is made aware of and accepts any functional consequences of his choices, I don’t see why C&J should refuse the order.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
I remember reading about that GMTO - with a faux cap toe - and yes, I think someone even mentioned regretting the choice on account of water resistance, but I don’t recall anyone mentioning that C&J voiced any concerns over future GMTOs with that feature. I am not questioning that it happened, just saying I missed that discussion if it took place here.

I believe @Crat was part of that make-up, perhaps he can shed some light.

But as long as the customer is made aware of and accepts any functional consequences of his choices, I don’t see why C&J should refuse the order.
We had that discussion last year when putting together the Zug Snowdon GMTO. In the end, this GMTO was without toe cap because the focus was on functionality. C&J would have done the Snowdon also with toe cap. But then you should be aware that there will be no water protection. For me, that would have been a no go but others might have other priorities.

john_coburg

Reaction score
CALL TO ARMS: can i reinvigorate interest here in a GMTO for C&J Harlech's in Colour 8/Burgundy Horween Shell ? i fear we have but a few weeks to get our order in to avoid a price hike...we need 3 more punters!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics