• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

SteveL91

Reaction score
Hello all. My first time here, so excuse the potentially dumb questions.

I got linked to this GMTO from a Facebook group,and they look awesome. So ...

1. How do I sign up for a pair of these?
2. I am in The Netherlands, I know C&J ship directly here, so assume this would not be a problem?
3. How do I pay, assuming it's OK to sign up for a pair?

Thanks
Simon

1. Keep an eye on this thread. There's also a Google Drive spreadsheet somewhere, but the link always gets buried - I think C&J Proposal Sheetshould get you there. Add your name and size, then confirm your participation in this thread. Note that it can often take a while to get things to fill; it's very unusual for makeups to come together as seamlessly as a few have of late.
2. Shouldn't be an issue.
3. You'll get an email from someone with C&J asking you for payment. I think at various points I've provided my credit card number over the phone, and others a WorldPay link was provided so I could pay online.

It's generally pretty easy, but groups often fall apart.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
You forgot me!
Sorry, brother - just got off a plane and tried to get this out before the jet lag set in = fail… it’s updated now: 👍

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Hello all. My first time here, so excuse the potentially dumb questions.

I got linked to this GMTO from a Facebook group,and they look awesome. So ...

1. How do I sign up for a pair of these?
2. I am in The Netherlands, I know C&J ship directly here, so assume this would not be a problem?
3. How do I pay, assuming it's OK to sign up for a pair?

Thanks
Simon
Recommend you reach out via DM to @H. E. Pennypacker directly to register your interest, as I think he’s the point person for putting this one together…

I don’t think the Russian grain Islay is listed yet on the SF CJ GMTO Proposal worksheet, but it probably should be given all the interest I’ve seen about it (ahem) over the past week, or so… good luck, it’s a beautiful makeup!! 👍

Last edited:

ckchan

Reaction score
Navy Shell Lindrick update

The following people have expressed interest in a Navy shell Cordovan Lindrick GMTO:

As we add to the group, some changes to the original spec sheet have been proposed for consideration... In the interest of consensus, and in just building the best overall makeup we can come up with, please consider if you have a preference for any of the following specifications:

Eyelets:
- 8 matching eyelets
- 4 speedhooks + 4 eyelets

Hardware (regardless of eye/hook combination):
- matching (navy painted)
- brass hardware (antique or bright)

Sole:
- Double Leather
- Dainite Ridgeway
- Dainite Studded

Just a reminder that the Northampton factory is closed until October 3 for their Autumn break. Upon their return, we will receive confirmation of leather availability and final pricing. I’d like to put the GMTO together without delay, so please consider your interest as a participant in this venture in the interim.

Once all committed participants are identified, I will notify Jermyn Street of our final list, and we will “close” the GMTO. I will provide contact details to the group, and each participant will need to arrange payment and shipping details directly with Crockett & Jones. If not enough participants pay as agreed or the GMTO falls apart for any other reason, C&J will refund payment. But if the GMTO proceeds as planned, then we can expect our boots approximately four months from when the order is sent to the factory (~Jan, 2023).

Please let me know any questions or suggestions either here or via pm - thanks!

My preference, hooks and eyelets- brass, Ridgeway soles!

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am, depending on the last.

From what i see many in this form prefer mlre round "bulbous" last, which i dont lol

It's on the 325 last. Same as the Pembroke and the Coniston. If you are not familiar with the specific last you can see photos at C&J's website.

Because we already have enough committments I expect that we will provide payment information sometime this coming week. So, if you want in let me know as soon as possible.

scrumtrulescent

Reaction score
Navy Shell Lindrick update

The following people have expressed interest in a Navy shell Cordovan Lindrick GMTO:

As we add to the group, some changes to the original spec sheet have been proposed for consideration... In the interest of consensus, and in just building the best overall makeup we can come up with, please consider if you have a preference for any of the following specifications:

Eyelets:
- 8 matching eyelets
- 4 speedhooks + 4 eyelets

Hardware (regardless of eye/hook combination):
- matching (navy painted)
- brass hardware (antique or bright)

Sole:
- Double Leather
- Dainite Ridgeway
- Dainite Studded

Just a reminder that the Northampton factory is closed until October 3 for their Autumn break. Upon their return, we will receive confirmation of leather availability and final pricing. I’d like to put the GMTO together without delay, so please consider your interest as a participant in this venture in the interim.

Once all committed participants are identified, I will notify Jermyn Street of our final list, and we will “close” the GMTO. I will provide contact details to the group, and each participant will need to arrange payment and shipping details directly with Crockett & Jones. If not enough participants pay as agreed or the GMTO falls apart for any other reason, C&J will refund payment. But if the GMTO proceeds as planned, then we can expect our boots approximately four months from when the order is sent to the factory (~Jan, 2023).

Please let me know any questions or suggestions either here or via pm - thanks!

Saw this on SDP Discord and reached out to @Coolhand0302 via DM. Posting to express interest.

Preferences:
Eyelets: Speedhooks + eyelets, but would be fine with eyelets too
Hardware: Brass
Sole: Double Leather (Ridgeway if group would prefer rubber sole)

Thanks!

kczsilence

Reaction score
Is c&j now not limiting gmtos to multiples of 6 or 12? If not, need to think on this cause I'm seeing a lot of people calling brass hooks and eyelets with ridgeway sole... Completely unexpected..

Iloveshoes19009

Reaction score
Re: C&J brown shell cordovan PTB on 325 last (identical to RL Marlow), the current signup sheet shows the price to be £670 (£558.33 ex VAT) at retail. I don't know if that is the current price but will try to find out sometime next week. The value of the pound has dropped significantly. And with the savings on VAT, the price should be the lowest it has been in years.

Hey, i saw your post in reddit. In the fourm you said a picture of the makeup was on the sign up sheet, but the picture there was a boot, yet the model is for a derby shoe.

Can you please confirm what the model will be, a boot or a shoe?

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, i saw your post in reddit. In the fourm you said a picture of the makeup was on the sign up sheet, but the picture there was a boot, yet the model is for a derby shoe.

Can you please confirm what the model will be, a boot or a shoe?

The GMTO is for a derby.

Here's the link that I posted at reddit -

The tabs at the bottom of the signup page are for the different GMTOs. Maybe, somehow, you were brought to a different GMTO. If you see a boot above, then click on the tab that says, "2022 Brown Shell PTB".

Last edited:

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This just in...

GMTO Galway 2 in brown shell cordovan.

20221002_152113.jpg

20221002_151953.jpg

Outstanding!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads