• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Cronmok

Reaction score
So far, there are four people who have registered interest in forming a GMTO for this proposed make-up:

- @Coolhand0302
- @SteveL91
- @shoeinvestor
- @nareichert

If everyone stays on, that means only two more are needed to send this beautiful boot into production without MTO fees, which works out to a better price than a pair of stock shell Alden’s…

If anyone else is interested, please just let me know - thanks!
I am interested! Count me in.

YouyouFr

Reaction score
@joman8390 @nycs10011 @clee1982 @c0ugrhuntr @YouyouFr + ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED.

I have updated information on the C&J brown shell cordovan PTB on 325 last (identical to RL Marlow).

1. We are entitled to the retail price for a GTMO of at least 6 participants.
2. The current retail price is £690 (or £575 ex VAT). (For perspective, the price of a single MTO is £975 (or £812.50 ex VAT).
3. The shoes will be delivered approximately 4 months after the complete order is placed.
4. Shipping to US is £20.

Other pertinent information:

- Six participants is a minimum but C&J is willing to accept any number of orders in excess of six.
- To commence the order, C&J needs the following information from all participants: (a) name and styleforum name, (b) UK shoe size (E fitting), (c) shipping and billing address, (d) telephone number, and (e) whether you want the shoes shipped to you or you will collect the shoes from the store
- For security reasons, C&J desires to take credit card details over the phone. The rest of the information will be delivered to C&J via e-mail. Payments will be processed immediately. If for any reason the GMTO does not go through C&J will refund all payments.
- IF a pair is damaged during production C&J will not remake the pair but will refund the money.

We currently have FIVE confirmed participants ready to provide payment information to C&J. We need just one more to place the order (but even after getting the sixth can include anyone else who desires to participate).

NoY9DqkTgEJAcN4BPnWMMBl-q4Xv_varIg-rzmCeCYG7VcVdQAcxgd38BeQZt5S9LJaA4esyYmEWj25oqYGPDqYO8AV4wyrZMExsRjVXQJk8IqMzAZcTjk-JdQ2j9Cu6BQJ3UureH-dT_-DTmd2M5RIITpXaq2joxwDszwVtAx7c_3vs4pI
Not interested this time sorry

Flypaper89

Reaction score
Lindrick* in Navy Shell Cordovan

View attachment 1836256
(*photo depicts a Navy Shell Islay, but you get the idea; it was the closest mockup I could find in a somewhat considered interweb search. Credit: DXBMark)

I was about to drop some cash on the AE Shell Trunk Show today, but all this discussion about a weak pound and completing C&J shell (and a very, very sweet Baker’s Russian Grain Islay) GMTOs has me thinking about what unique shell makeups could take advantage of both opportunities at once, and it came to me: a Lindrick boot in Navy Shell Cordovan.

To my knowledge, such a boot has never before been produced. But we’re all familiar with the sleek, fully-brogued wingtip boot that we’ve seen done in Dark Brown and Whiskey shell before - but this would be in Navy Cordovan.

However, I’m not sure if this shell makeup only appeals to my beautiful mind, so I thought I’d see if anyone else was interested in a group order before I go the single MTO route. Please let me know if you’re interested, and we’ll work something out with Jermyn Street…

GMTO Interest Check - Navy Cordovan Lindrick

- Style: Lindrick
- Last: 325
- Width: E
- Material: Shell Cordovan
- Colour: Navy Blue
- Welt: Dark Brown Stormwelt
- Sole Unit: Double Leather
- Midsole: Dark Brown Leather
- Edge Colour: Dark Brown
- Eyelets: 8 matching eyelets
- Retail price: £975.00* (*estimate)
- Ex Vat price: £812.50* (*estimate)
Damn it all! Let me know how this goes. All you had to say was navy...lol .

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
So far, there are four people who have registered interest in forming a GMTO for this proposed make-up:

- @Coolhand0302
- @SteveL91
- @shoeinvestor
- @nareichert

If everyone stays on, that means only two more are needed to send this beautiful boot into production without MTO fees, which works out to a better price than a pair of stock shell Alden’s…

If anyone else is interested, please just let me know - thanks!

Navy Shell Lindrick update

The following people have expressed interest in a Navy shell Cordovan Lindrick GMTO:

As we add to the group, some changes to the original spec sheet have been proposed for consideration... In the interest of consensus, and in just building the best overall makeup we can come up with, please consider if you have a preference for any of the following specifications:

Eyelets:
- 8 matching eyelets
- 4 speedhooks + 4 eyelets

Hardware (regardless of eye/hook combination):
- matching (navy painted)
- brass hardware (antique or bright)

Sole:
- Double Leather
- Dainite Ridgeway
- Dainite Studded

Just a reminder that the Northampton factory is closed until October 3 for their Autumn break. Upon their return, we will receive confirmation of leather availability and final pricing. I’d like to put the GMTO together without delay, so please consider your interest as a participant in this venture in the interim.

Once all committed participants are identified, I will notify Jermyn Street of our final list, and we will “close” the GMTO. I will provide contact details to the group, and each participant will need to arrange payment and shipping details directly with Crockett & Jones. If not enough participants pay as agreed or the GMTO falls apart for any other reason, C&J will refund payment. But if the GMTO proceeds as planned, then we can expect our boots approximately four months from when the order is sent to the factory (~Jan, 2023).

Please let me know any questions or suggestions either here or via pm - thanks!

Last edited:

shoeinvestor

Reaction score

The following people have expressed interest in a Navy shell Cordovan Lindrick GMTO:

As we add to the group, some changes to the original spec sheet have been proposed for consideration... In the interest of consensus, and in just building the best overall makeup we can come up with, please consider if you have a preference for any of the following specifications:

Eyelets:
- 8 matching eyelets

Sole:
- Double Leather
- Dainite Ridgeway
- Dainite Studded

Just a reminder that the Northampton factory is closed until October 3 for their Autumn break. Upon their return, we will receive confirmation of leather availability and final pricing. I’d like to put the GMTO together without delay, so please consider your interest as a participant in this venture in the interim.

Once all committed participants are identified, I will notify Jermyn Street of our final list, and we will “close” the GMTO. I will provide contact details to the group, and each participant will need to arrange payment and shipping details directly with Crockett & Jones. If not enough participants pay as agreed or the GMTO falls apart for any other reason, C&J will refund payment. But if the GMTO proceeds as planned, then we can expect our boots approximately four months from when the order is sent to the factory (~Jan, 2023).

Wow, that was a very fast one. I would not have counted on this.

I hereby confirm my interest and vote for:
4 speedhooks + 4 eyelets
matching hardware
Double Leather sole first and Dainite Ridgeway second preference

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
On the subject of Lindrick’s… the GMTO we closed out at the start of the summer looks like it is here. Just seen a DHL notification generated…

Maybe Monday?
I also received a DHL notification and Alex told me that they are expecting the boots soon after the factory reopens next week. So, it should take some days. Already excited to receive the dark brown ones to accompany the Whiskey ones! And perhaps, next year, navy shell will follow...

c0ugrhuntr

Reaction score
@joman8390 @nycs10011 @clee1982 @c0ugrhuntr @YouyouFr + ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED.

I have updated information on the C&J brown shell cordovan Grasmere PTB on 325 last (identical to RL Marlow).

1. We are entitled to the retail price for a GTMO of at least 6 participants.
2. The current retail price is £690 (or £575 ex VAT). (For perspective, the price of a single MTO is £975 (or £812.50 ex VAT).
3. The shoes will be delivered approximately 4 months after the complete order is placed.
4. Shipping to US is £20.

Other pertinent information:

- Six participants is a minimum but C&J is willing to accept any number of orders in excess of six.
- To commence the order, C&J needs the following information from all participants: (a) name and styleforum name, (b) UK shoe size (E fitting), (c) shipping and billing address, (d) telephone number, and (e) whether you want the shoes shipped to you or you will collect the shoes from the store
- For security reasons, C&J desires to take credit card details over the phone. The rest of the information will be delivered to C&J via e-mail. Payments will be processed immediately. If for any reason the GMTO does not go through C&J will refund all payments.
- IF a pair is damaged during production C&J will not remake the pair but will refund the money.

We currently have FIVE confirmed participants ready to provide payment information to C&J. We need just one more to place the order (but even after getting the sixth can include anyone else who desires to participate).

NoY9DqkTgEJAcN4BPnWMMBl-q4Xv_varIg-rzmCeCYG7VcVdQAcxgd38BeQZt5S9LJaA4esyYmEWj25oqYGPDqYO8AV4wyrZMExsRjVXQJk8IqMzAZcTjk-JdQ2j9Cu6BQJ3UureH-dT_-DTmd2M5RIITpXaq2joxwDszwVtAx7c_3vs4pI

Sorry just catching up on this. I already had my pair MTO'ed back in February, so I am out. Thanks!

Cronmok

Reaction score

Eyelets:
- 8 matching eyelets

Sole:
- Double Leather
- Dainite Ridgeway
- Dainite Studded

Thanks for putting this together. My preference is 8 eyelets, brass and double leather.

Flypaper89

Reaction score

Eyelets:
- 8 matching eyelets

Sole:
- Double Leather
- Dainite Ridgeway
- Dainite Studded

You forgot me!

alazdi

Reaction score

Eyelets:
- 8 matching eyelets

Sole:
- Double Leather
- Dainite Ridgeway
- Dainite Studded

I'm in. My preferred makeup is the same as @shoeinvestor 's:

Eyelets: 4 speedhooks + 4 eyelets
Hardware: matching (navy painted)
Sole: double leather; ridgeway if group preference is a rubber sole

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads