• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
🚨 🚨 GMTO Closing Alert 🚨 🚨
View attachment 1793591
Last Call!! It looks like we’ve reached the minimum participants necessary to proceed to production for the Green Waxed Roughout Suede Coniston GMTO, so providing a last-chance notice to join for anyone who was on the fence or hadn’t been following the developments - please make your interest known, or forever kick yourself at the start of boot season that you didn’t get in on this order (or just… run another GMTO, I guess); specs are below:

- Style: Coniston
- Last: 325
- Material: Waxed Roughout Suede (C.F. Stead)
- Colour: Green
- Welt: Dark Brown Leather Notched Stormwelt
- Sole Unit: Ridgeway
- Midsole: Dark Brown Leather
- Edge Colour: Dark Brown
- Eyelets/Speedhooks: 4 exposed eyes, 4 hooks, Antique Brass
- Width: E
- Pull Tab: No
- Price: 490 GBP (408.33 GBP ex-VAT)
Looks like we’re going to close out this GMTO after the weekend, so please sign up on the Google sheet and/or let me know if you’re interested by Sunday evening, as the participant list will be sent to C&J on Monday…

I’m glad we were able to let a few more people join in before this heads to production, but if you’re thinking about it, this is the last call - thanks!

nareichert

Reaction score
Looks like we’re going to close out this GMTO after the weekend, so please sign up on the Google sheet and/or let me know if you’re interested by Sunday evening, as the participant list will be sent to C&J on Monday…

I’m glad we were able to let a few more people join in before this heads to production, but if you’re thinking about it, this is the last call - thanks!
Snagged that last spot! Tell Basil and the gang to start production.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Wow, if no one drops out, we closed out the GMTO with 12 participants relatively quickly.
For sure! Amazing the momentum we picked up at the end - can’t wait for these boots!!

Just a reminder for everyone to follow-up on the instructions sent via PM so we can get these in production (greenlit by Jonathan Jones himself!)…

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Proposal #3 (draft):
  • Style: Coniston
  • Last: 325
  • Material: Shell Cordovan
  • Colour: TBD (candidates: Natural, #4, #8, Whiskey, Mahogany, Cognac, or any other brownish hue named after an alcoholic beverage)
  • Welt: Stormwelt, Dark Brown Leather Notched
  • Sole Unit: a) Ridgeway, or b) Dainite studded
  • Midsole: Dark Brown Leather
  • Edge Colour: Dark Brown
  • Eyelets/Hooks: 4 each, finish TBD
  • Width: E
Add your suggestions, preferences and inspo pics (I haven't found any good pics).
Looks like you’ve got some mad pull with C&J, @Gustaf!!

9E9175DB-3DC9-44F2-93F0-90DF8829024A.jpeg

Gustaf

Reaction score
Looks like you’ve got some mad pull with C&J, @Gustaf!!

View attachment 1795459

:)

I wish that was true! Needless to say, I am pretty stoked about this edition. Hope to bag a pair when they are released. Anyone know how sales of C&J limited editions work?

As for the proposal, I actually changed the spec in the Google docs from Dark Brown to Whisky in the hope it would attract more interest, but so far it hasn't.

Just got shipping notification for Snowdon in ZUG. Well I got it 2 days ago but it was market as spam and ended in spam folder.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Islay, Bakers Rusian Calf GMTO’s final post

Aight boiz at last we’ve reached 8 which is the minimum requirement for this to sail,

View attachment 1727210

Make Up:

• Islay
• Ridgeways
• Ant. Brass
• Double Ridgeway
• Price: £875 inclusive of VAT (£729.19 VAT deducted)

Participant List:

Confirmed:

@stephenaf2003
@SteveL91
@serbarristan
• u/TokenMao
• u/Maiyl
• u/aldenfan
• Me, Myself, and I
• u/1882greg

Have yet to double confirm:

• u/d-k-d
• u/currah87
• u/scott42486 (needs to confirm sizing)

Please excuse the ping on your lovely holiday and expect E-Mail from Mrs. Searle ([email protected])

4 slots left for those who wanted to join, you still have time to submit before Mrs. Searle finish the process, but once it is closed it is close for goods.

Thank you for joining and all the support, merriest life to each and everyone of you!
Boots comin’, yo!!

Just heard from Lauren that she expects to receive the first pairs of the J&FJ Baker’s RC Islays by the end of the week.

After performing QC steps and packaging, she could begin shipping them as early as next week. 🥳 🎉 🍾

Gustaf

Reaction score
Boots comin’, yo!!

Just heard from Lauren that she expects to receive the first pairs of the J&FJ Baker’s RC Islays by the end of the week.

After performing QC steps and packaging, she could begin shipping them as early as next week. 🥳 🎉 🍾

Cheers to all on board! I am not part of the GMTO, but it sounds like a fantastic makeup.

What is a double Ridgeway?

Soixante

Reaction score
Boots comin’, yo!!

Cheers mate 🥃 we wound up with 14 or 15 on board, Please do share the photos once it arrived if you want to. Nothing can stop us!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads