• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Gustaf

Reaction score
Does that mean that Snowdon ZUG GMTO wouldn't be from Horween then?

I don't know, sorry. It's only available in Burgundy, which was the wrong colour for the MTO that I am doing so I have not delved any deeper into its origins.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few days ago, yes.
Does that mean that Snowdon ZUG GMTO wouldn't be from Horween then?
My guess is that it's just the naming convention since the original "Zug" was a trademark from the Scottish tannery W&J Martins and the Heather grain/gorse was the original color, which was burgundy. Similar to how they still call bourbon colored shell "Whiskey" even though Horween discontinued that color a few years back now.

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha - no worries! You should just be able to "click" in the appropriate cell, and add your info...

I've added your SF username as the 8th participant, and I can add your size if you want...
Yeeeaahh, that is odd, it just doesn't let me. I'm a UK 9 regular width.

The Whisky Coniston feels left out.
Not a fan of shell as it is, and unfortunately the build isn't calling my name. I may be tempted with a Skye or Islay GMTO. 😉

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought zug was the name of the embossing, so from what I'm deducing, is zug a tannage.......?

ThomasR

Reaction score
🚨 🚨 GMTO Closing Alert 🚨 🚨
View attachment 1793591
Last Call!! It looks like we’ve reached the minimum participants necessary to proceed to production for the Green Waxed Roughout Suede Coniston GMTO, so providing a last-chance notice to join for anyone who was on the fence or hadn’t been following the developments - please make your interest known, or forever kick yourself at the start of boot season that you didn’t get in on this order (or just… run another GMTO, I guess); specs are below:

- Style: Coniston
- Last: 325
- Material: Waxed Roughout Suede (C.F. Stead)
- Colour: Green
- Welt: Dark Brown Leather Notched Stormwelt
- Sole Unit: Ridgeway
- Midsole: Dark Brown Leather
- Edge Colour: Dark Brown
- Eyelets/Speedhooks: 4 exposed eyes, 4 hooks, Antique Brass
- Width: E
- Pull Tab: No
- Price: 490 GBP (408.33 GBP ex-VAT)
If it’s not too late I’d like to participate in this gmto, my size is 6.5 uk.
Thanks

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Hi guys!

For quite some time I have been pondering about a wingtip full brogue make-up in a rather uncommon colour. I finally decided to go ahead, ordered them in Februar at C&J and received them yesterday. When I opened the box, my thoughts were: holy sh**. They turned out exactly as I hoped they would and I think they are quite "versatile".
Thanks to Chris @ C&J for his help!

C&J Swansea single MTO on last 341 in green shell cordovan on single leather soles:
IMG_3890.JPG

IMG_3889.JPG

IMG_3897.JPG

IMG_3896.JPG

IMG_3894.JPG

Gustaf

Reaction score
Hi guys!

For quite some time I have been pondering about a wingtip full brogue make-up in a rather uncommon colour. I finally decided to go ahead, ordered them in Februar at C&J and received them yesterday. When I opened the box, my thoughts were: holy sh**. They turned out exactly as I hoped they would and I think they are quite "versatile".

C&J Swansea single MTO on last 341 in green shell cordovan on single leather soles:
View attachment 1793948

View attachment 1793949

View attachment 1793950

View attachment 1793951

View attachment 1793952

Beautiful! Congrats!

Poshak Man

Reaction score
Hi guys!

View attachment 1793948

View attachment 1793949

View attachment 1793950

View attachment 1793951

View attachment 1793952

That’s a gorgeous pair!

Soixante

Reaction score
Yeah, it's really good stuff. Water basically beads off it and needs almost zero upkeep. Here are a few pics for you.

View attachment 1793598 View attachment 1793599 View attachment 1793601
Horween were only producing black and oxblood, I believe you bought those from Dagestad thus it is not Horweens (because they only released new colour fairly recently). Same unknown tanneries like both of my Galway, BTW thanks for the inspirations on the oak! It is a big success!

DD91E637-48A7-4AAF-8A90-22195C9F72C4.jpeg
38BDEBD7-9676-4BE8-A771-1B3383B096BC.jpeg

Soixante

Reaction score
C&J refers to their Zug as Heather Gorse.
Almost every English brands refer Zug as HG because EG natural way of renaming leather AND colour. What we are so used to call HG was Zug produced by Ilcea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads