• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Gustaf

Reaction score
so pattern is the same. Only last (toe shape) is different?

It’s been a while since I tried on the Harlech, but I would say that the toe box and length are the main differences. Most people seem to take the same size in both models. To me they differ enough to complement each other

Here is a reddit thread partially on that topic:

I am sure there are those here who own both models and can add more insight.

Mallaig

Reaction score

What about this as an alternate to the rough out?

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I tried on the Harlech, but I would say that the toe box and length are the main differences. Most people seem to take the same size in both models. To me they differ enough to complement each other

Here is a reddit thread partially on that topic:

I am sure there are those here who own both models and can add more insight.
I own both the Harlech in Whiskey Shell and the Coniston in Tan Grain. The Harlech is much more elegant and the Coniston indeed is a country boot because of the grain leather and the last 325. 325 is noticeably broader in the toe box. However, I do take the same size in both lasts. For me, a Coniston in a non-grain leather would be too close to the Harlech to own both models in a similar colour.

Gustaf

Reaction score
I own both the Harlech in Whiskey Shell and the Coniston in Tan Grain. The Harlech is much more elegant and the Coniston indeed is a country boot because of the grain leather and the last 325. 325 is noticeably broader in the toe box. However, I do take the same size in both lasts. For me, a Coniston in a non-grain leather would be too close to the Harlech to own both models in a similar colour.

I think you sum it up well. One is a bit more elegant (Harlech), the other is a bit more rugged (Coniston). Variations on a theme, but for me the Coniston is a bit more versatile.

BaronLSN

Reaction score
How does shipping work for these? Is that additional to the price on the spreadsheet?

Coolhand0302

Reaction score

What about this as an alternate to the rough out?
Great minds think alike, and so these DR suede ones are already on the way haha…

However, I might point out that if we can get to six or more participants, and for those in the States or a similar ex-VAT location, the RO Conistons will come in around $200 less than the DR suede ones ($500 vs. $700)…

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
I'm in for the rough-out Coniston :)

Happy with specs, although curious to see more pictures of this notched welt? If anyone has specced it other than on the Molton?
Nice! Only 1 more person needed to get these into production!!

As for the notched welt - feast your eyes:
79D49B0A-5A16-4CE4-83D8-6BB685241F0B.jpeg
012C9FCA-057F-442E-BE77-FD21D1B328C7.jpeg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in starting up a Islay GMTO?

I’m pretty much open to any leather and the out sole is debatable. Preferably a grain leather opposed to a flesh side leather.

Marmite89

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in starting up a Islay GMTO?

I’m pretty much open to any leather and the out sole is debatable. Preferably a grain leather opposed to a flesh side leather.

Yes, very much so... I've had a Black Cordovan Islay on Ridgeway in my thoughts (with a bellows tongue if C&J could do that), but also open to other ideas. I really like the overall look of the current Black Islay, but not so keen on the ScotchGrain, and when I tried it on was when I realised the speed hooks were in silver, I'd like something more stealthy!

I am in on the recent Lindrick GMTO, so wouldn't likely be all that interested in DB Cordovan (although it would look amazing).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads