• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

aldenfan

Reaction score
Signed up for the shell Chelsea. Would love to see it made.

Have you had any Ridgeway soles before, and do you know how they compare to the Dainite ones? I have liked Dainite ones and I'd like to know about Ridgeway durability and if it is comparable.

acgascoigne

Reaction score
Have you had any Ridgeway soles before, and do you know how they compare to the Dainite ones? I have liked Dainite ones and I'd like to know about Ridgeway durability and if it is comparable.

I haven't got a pair with Ridgeway soles. I do have a lot of pairs with Dainite and a few with Commando soles and I believe Ridgeway are somewhere between them in terms of weight and traction. I generally prefer the Commando for boots as I sometimes find Dainite more slippery than I'd like in wet Melbourne weather. Would love to give Ridgeway a try.

nareichert

Reaction score
I was lamenting the lack of a shell cordovan chelsea 5, decided to search, and just happened across this. Is this an ongoing effort still and what does the lead times look like before getting an order in? I have definitely blown my shoe budget this and next month, but would definitely be interested in this makeup if future budget permits.
Lead time is about 4 months. I put together the GMTO, but had a kid shortly after. I’ll get back to promoting it. Let’s make it happen.

nareichert

Reaction score
I haven't got a pair with Ridgeway soles. I do have a lot of pairs with Dainite and a few with Commando soles and I believe Ridgeway are somewhere between them in terms of weight and traction. I generally prefer the Commando for boots as I sometimes find Dainite more slippery than I'd like in wet Melbourne weather. Would love to give Ridgeway a try.
It’s the best.

aldenfan

Reaction score
What's the link for the Chelsea details and is it possible to still get in on it?

aquatherm

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a Roughout Chiltern Chukka with Gumlite sole? Need another 11

l33tcoder

Reaction score
Gents - does anyone know what is the status of the Lindrick whiskey shell GMTO? Perhaps @fernando526 ?
I think we still have 13 interested folks. Were we waiting on the leather to be available? If so, I noticed on the other C&J thread that Galway Whiskey shell GMTO is potentially going through.

Do we need to ping C&J and check on this GMTO as well?

OK! Looks like we have our 12 peeps for the Whiskey Shell Lindrick Boot GMTO! Let’s get these ordered and into production! Winter is coming!!!

View attachment 1592340
The Whisky Galway is getting close to fruition. I jumped in late but have been a follower of the order. A few people have contacted the store this week so Basil thinks it’s close to the 12. If of interest to anyone please contact the store or add your name to the spreadsheet. Be a lovely boot.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Gents - does anyone know what is the status of the Lindrick whiskey shell GMTO? Perhaps @fernando526 ?
I think we still have 13 interested folks. Were we waiting on the leather to be available? If so, I noticed on the other C&J thread that Galway Whiskey shell GMTO is potentially going through.

Do we need to ping C&J and check on this GMTO as well?
I believe the shells are still awaiting delivery. For both mto..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads