• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Drm9788

Reaction score
OK! Looks like we have our 12 peeps for the Whiskey Shell Lindrick Boot GMTO! Let’s get these ordered and into production! Winter is coming!!!

93480185-25D4-447F-903B-4944DFB1327E.jpeg

nareichert

Reaction score
Off the top of my head and in a similar price range you could customize the 80186 from Carmina or go Enzo Bonafe (GMTO is only 4 participants there). For some reason I thought Viberg used to have a stock shell Chelsea, but didn't see it just now
Yeah, not great options for what I'm trying to accomplish... I'll be patient and see what comes of it.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not great options for what I'm trying to accomplish... I'll be patient and see what comes of it.
I understand. Just as an FYI, both of those brands offer stormwelt and chunkier lasts

fernando526

Reaction score
OK! Looks like we have our 12 peeps for the Whiskey Shell Lindrick Boot GMTO! Let’s get these ordered and into production! Winter is coming!!!

View attachment 1592340
@dfgiop Let’s start contacting the people in this list and get the ball rolling!

Let’s get Basil involved to send a formal email to the people interested, and maybe we can start calling to make our deposits! ?

zargoz

Reaction score
@dfgiop Let’s start contacting the people in this list and get the ball rolling!

Let’s get Basil involved to send a formal email to the people interested, and maybe we can start calling to make our deposits! ?
Awesome, would love to see this one get over the line. Might actually be leaving the house a couple of days a week by the time these would come in...

dfgiop

Reaction score
Awesome, would love to see this one get over the line. Might actually be leaving the house a couple of days a week by the time these would come in...
Sorry guys, will have to sit out for this one, had to pay $400 duty for the last round of GMTO which we did through Basil's store, it was a pretty big hit. The shoes were amazing, but have to think twice now before committing any future ones.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Sorry guys, will have to sit out for this one, had to pay $400 duty for the last round of GMTO which we did through Basil's store, it was a pretty big hit. The shoes were amazing, but have to think twice now before committing any future ones.

Assuming you aren't in the US? That is a really high duty.

fernando526

Reaction score
That’s insane! I paid about $120 (USD) for my Galway GMTO and some Russian grain Radnor boots. Australia really goes over kill with the import duties??‍♂️

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Whoa - duty seems like it’s a thing now? I was in a duty free location for the Galway drop, but I’ll probably get the Lindrick’s delivered in the States: anyone got a ballpark figure on what the additional duty might look like on a single ~$1k boot order?

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
After receiving the last run of Galway's I started up a conversation with Basil about the possibility of a shell Chelsea GMTO, and after some initial hesitancy on their part they finally gave me the thumbs up this morning. I do not have the exact specs completely locked in so I want to have a conversation here before locking them in and adding the makeup to the doc. Here is where we are at:

Model - Chelsea 5
Last - 335
Width - E
Color - Color 8 or Dark Brown - there may be an extended wait for dark brown
Welt - Storm
Sole - Ridgeway
Edge Finish - Antique
Pull Tab - Single or Double
Cost - £895, £745.85 ex VAT

Let me know what people are thinking and if you would be interested. Thanks.

Sounds great! I remember we talked about this a few months back so it's nice to have some more details.
It looks good to me except for the Ridgeway sole (instead of Dainite) as I fear it might be too chunky and visible from the side.

Is it possible to have a choice or must all have the exact same sole?

Also, the signup sheet has the colour as brown but here there's a choice of colour 8 (my preference) or brown. Is there a choice or all must be the same?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
had to pay $400 duty for the last round of GMTO which we did through Basil's store, it was a pretty big hit.

How did that work? I thought that the duty would have been 10% of the price + shipping cost?

Unfortunately, if it came via courier, the courier company also adds a processing charge on top of the other cost.

dfgiop

Reaction score
How did that work? I thought that the duty would have been 10% of the price + shipping cost?

Unfortunately, if it came via courier, the courier company also adds a processing charge on top of the other cost.
The shipping company charges a fee, then the Australia border charges a processing fee, then adds the duty and tax on top of it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads