• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Drm9788

Reaction score
Much like New Coke from the 80s the reformulated version is really quite a bit better.... ? ? ? That really doesn't make any sense but whatever.

Agree regarding comfort. Hard to beat the leather. I don't find dainite to be as uncomfortable as others do but it's less comfortable than leather.
I have yet to experience dainite. What better way, than on a $1,000 pair of boots ? I’m sure they will be more than comfortable enough...

adrs1157

Reaction score
Hi guys I removed myself from the Whiskey Galway list. I can't commit to it any longer. Perhaps in the future.

Good luck gentlemen.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Dark Brown Shell Chelseas are live on the MTO Sheet. This is basically going to be a shell version of the EG Newmarket. It's going to be an incredible boot.
17AA912B-F3BD-409F-A392-C65094084942.jpeg

nycs10011

Reaction score
I would honestly stick to TTS for the PTB. If you're a US9.5D on the Alden Plaza, go with the UK8.5E.

Regarding the pricing for the PTBs, have you guys contacted anyone about the price breakdowns? I cannot speak enough greatness from my experience with the C&J store at 69 Jermyn Street. Basil and Chris helped out with the dark brown cordovan Galway GMTO and I would strongly recommended you reach out to them for a price breakdown. The way SO/MTOs work is that for one order the fee is 250 pounds on top of the MSRP. Half of the fee (or 125 pounds) for 6 person GMTO order. Fee waived for a 12 person GMTO order. Prices vary from boots to derbys, so I would reach out for a price breakdown, ETA, and any other questions.

If you guys are serious about this GMTO, contact Basil. My man actually helped find interest outside of StyleForum (from his own store's clientele) and we were able to lock down the group order fast! If that's not exceptional service... then I don't know what is! :cool:

Info below:
View attachment 1590056
[email protected]

I've reached out to Basil and will report back when I hear back. Thanks for the great info!

patrickngai

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am really interested in the Lindricks depending on pricing. Any idea on the final pricing? Also how does 325 last fit?

Drm9788

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am really interested in the Lindricks depending on pricing. Any idea on the final pricing? Also how does 325 last fit?
I believe price is around 750 GBP which is just over $1,000 USD. Have not confirmed though. Most people take their regular UK size on the 325 last which is equivalent to a full size down from your US size. Sign up... you’ll be the 12th and we can place an order!

patrickngai

Reaction score
I believe price is around 750 GBP which is just over $1,000 USD. Have not confirmed though. Most people take their regular UK size on the 325 last which is equivalent to a full size down from your US size. Sign up... you’ll be the 12th and we can place an order!
Appreciate the information, gotta convince the wife ??

nareichert

Reaction score
Hoping to get some advice from more senior members of this thread... It appears a GMTO is very difficult to pull off, especially due to the fact there seems to be little appetite for C&J to fill out the remainder of a GMTO and sell directly from their stores. With that being said, what are some other tactics people have taken? I threw up a post here and on r/GYW and with all of the high praises and discussion had around a shell Chelsea, there are only 3 names on the sheet.

I'm thinking about compiling a list of SF usernames from past GMTOs and sending them a message. I wish C&J would help out and send a message on behalf of the GMTO. One would think their list is long and productive.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some advice from more senior members of this thread... It appears a GMTO is very difficult to pull off, especially due to the fact there seems to be little appetite for C&J to fill out the remainder of a GMTO and sell directly from their stores. With that being said, what are some other tactics people have taken? I threw up a post here and on r/GYW and with all of the high praises and discussion had around a shell Chelsea, there are only 3 names on the sheet.

I'm thinking about compiling a list of SF usernames from past GMTOs and sending them a message. I wish C&J would help out and send a message on behalf of the GMTO. One would think their list is long and productive.
I'll take a crack at this. Getting 12 people to agree on a single makeup is difficult in and of itself. Some of the C&J GMTO's on here have taken over a year to get filled and completed because the longer something drags out the more time people have to change their minds.

For the most recently completed Galway 2 and also for the one in Whiskey, it seems like there was/is buy in from the shops. Now that could be a function of the lockdown in the UK, but it could also be that some members here have formed relationships with the SA's over there.

Now on to your GMTO. From experience the GMTO's that get filled the quickest are models that are no longer produced stock, but that were once core to C&J (at least in the eyes of Styleforum members). While I like your proposal, I can get a brown shell Chelsea boot from quite a few other makers without the additional wait time of filling the GMTO. Anyway, that's just my take and I hope you can get this one filled!

nareichert

Reaction score
I'll take a crack at this. Getting 12 people to agree on a single makeup is difficult in and of itself. Some of the C&J GMTO's on here have taken over a year to get filled and completed because the longer something drags out the more time people have to change their minds.

For the most recently completed Galway 2 and also for the one in Whiskey, it seems like there was/is buy in from the shops. Now that could be a function of the lockdown in the UK, but it could also be that some members here have formed relationships with the SA's over there.

Now on to your GMTO. From experience the GMTO's that get filled the quickest are models that are no longer produced stock, but that were once core to C&J (at least in the eyes of Styleforum members). While I like your proposal, I can get a brown shell Chelsea boot from quite a few other makers without the additional wait time of filling the GMTO. Anyway, that's just my take and I hope you can get this one filled!
Appreciate the information here, it all makes perfect sense. With that being said, what makers would you suggest for a brown shell cordovan Chelsea? Thanks.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the information here, it all makes perfect sense. With that being said, what makers would you suggest for a brown shell cordovan Chelsea? Thanks.
Off the top of my head and in a similar price range you could customize the 80186 from Carmina or go Enzo Bonafe (GMTO is only 4 participants there). For some reason I thought Viberg used to have a stock shell Chelsea, but didn't see it just now

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics