• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Mallaig

Reaction score
Note from Basil of C&J:

"We used to actually stock Harlech in black cordovan as a part of our main line at some point but they were discontinued some time ago.

If you propose the idea on Styleforum and set up a tracking spread sheet to start a listing of anyone who would be interested/people you know, I would be happy to see if we can make a 6 or 12 pair GMTO.

For the Harlech a group of 6-pairs we split the difference between MTO and retail which would be £950 (excl. VAT £791.67) each.

A group of 12-pairs we can have them made at what would be the regular retail price of £810 (excl. VAT £675.00) each.

UPS shipping to US = £30.00 / Rest of the world = £50.00"

I'll add a tab to the GMTO tracking sheet and include some details on this make up. Cannot find any pictures for a black Harlech, but have asked Basil to see if he has one he can share. I agree with @chipshot that this would look best on a double leather sole.

If any of you are thinking about a dark boot but don't want to be part of this GMTO, take a look at the Enzo Bonafe MTO and GMTO thread where @jischwar and I are putting together a GMTO for a very deep brown Col16 boot with a black shark shaft.

GMTO Spreadsheet

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Note from Basil of C&J:

"We used to actually stock Harlech in black cordovan as a part of our main line at some point but they were discontinued some time ago.

If you propose the idea on Styleforum and set up a tracking spread sheet to start a listing of anyone who would be interested/people you know, I would be happy to see if we can make a 6 or 12 pair GMTO.

For the Harlech a group of 6-pairs we split the difference between MTO and retail which would be £950 (excl. VAT £791.67) each.

A group of 12-pairs we can have them made at what would be the regular retail price of £810 (excl. VAT £675.00) each.

UPS shipping to US = £30.00 / Rest of the world = £50.00"

I'll add a tab to the GMTO tracking sheet and include some details on this make up. Cannot find any pictures for a black Harlech, but have asked Basil to see if he has one he can share. I agree with @chipshot that this would look best on a double leather sole.

If any of you are thinking about a dark boot but don't want to be part of this GMTO, take a look at the Enzo Bonafe MTO and GMTO thread where @jischwar and I are putting together a GMTO for a very deep brown Col16 boot with a black shark shaft.
We only need 2 more people to fill that GMTO :p

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am interested, but again I would need some help from you kind gentlemen on sizing as I believe this is a different last than 325. Having painfully learned nothing after my expensive trials and errors with Alden, I’m ready to sign up for MTO with no idea what last and size works best for my feet with C&J ?
I wear an E width on Barrie, a D on Truebalance. Your advice is most welcome.

Thanks!

Mallaig

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am interested, but again I would need some help from you kind gentlemen on sizing as I believe this is a different last than 325. Having painfully learned nothing after my expensive trials and errors with Alden, I’m ready to sign up for MTO with no idea what last and size works best for my feet with C&J ?

Thanks!
There was a discussion on this exact subject a while back. Check this link. The 341 is a little narrower than 325, and definitely longer. I wear 8.5E on 325 and 8E on 341. My feet are narrower and longer so the 341 last is a better fit for me, I have to wear thicker socks with 325 to consume the width.

Mallaig

Reaction score
A picture of a black shell Harlech courtesy of Basil.

1602695759815.png

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hi All,

Thanks!

Sounds like your feet are on the wider side of average. You should be OK going true to size on both the 341 and 325 lasts. While the 341 is elongated at the toe I think most people do not size down unless, perhaps, heel to ball measurement is short or maybe for low volume feet. So, long story short, if you take a half size down from brannock on truebalance and barrie then you will most likely need a UK size that is a half down from that (ie. I am 9.5D Trubalance and UK9 in C&J).

fernando526

Reaction score
Hello folks,

First of all, thank you to all of the gentlemen that participated in the Dark Brown Cordovan Galway GMTO. That group order was a success and currently our boots are in production!!!

As you all know, the shoe game can become quite addicting. Hence why I am trying to organize yet another GMTO ?.

I am looking for a total of 12 commitments for a proposed Crockett & Jones Galway boot in Whisky Cordovan! I have actually went ahead and created a tab a few weeks ago and we already have a total of 6 people (including me) interested/signed-up to the GMTO without me reaching out to you all. A great sign that this GMTO will be a success.

Please refer to the link below:
C&J Galway Whisky Cordovan Sign-Up Spreadsheet.

Crockett & Jones Galway in Whisky Shell Cordovan - Please read the following specifications carefully:
Style: Galway 2
Last: 325
Material: Cordovan
Color: Whisky
Stitching: Ton-Sur-Ton (Tone on Tone)
Sole Unit: Leather
Sole Thickness: Double
Storm Welt: Yes
Pull tabs: Yes
Edge Color: Antique (Light Brown)
Eyelets/Speed hooks: 4 metal/exposed eyelets and 4 speed hooks
Size: (per customer)
Width: E
Cost: £900 (~£749.97 after excluding 16.67% VAT, as of today around $979.82 for the U.S. Folks) plus £30 (~$40) shipping.

This order will be placed through the Crockett & Jones Store at 69 Jermyn Street, London. So please feel free to contact the store via phone or email, provided below, should you have any questions about price and other details I may have left out. I look forward to filling in the remaining 6 spots. If you’re interested, please enter your Styleforum username, size, and any comments in the hyperlink I provided above.

-Crockett & Jones Store:
69 Jermyn Street, London
-Email:
[email protected]
-Phone:
020 7976 2684

1603461437626.png
1603461664432.png

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard from Basil on the dark brown cordovan Galway GMTO. It’s due by end of February. Bummer.

fernando526

Reaction score
Heard from Basil on the dark brown cordovan Galway GMTO. It’s due by end of February. Bummer.
I know, I was hoping for Christmas Galways ?

But that estimate he gave us is probably very conservative, so I am staying hopeful for a January delivery. Let’s see how this goes!

vestbash

Reaction score
Hello folks,

First of all, thank you to all of the gentlemen that participated in the Dark Brown Cordovan Galway GMTO. That group order was a success and currently our boots are in production!!!

As you all know, the shoe game can become quite addicting. Hence why I am trying to organize yet another GMTO ?.

I am looking for a total of 12 commitments for a proposed Crockett & Jones Galway boot in Whisky Cordovan! I have actually went ahead and created a tab a few weeks ago and we already have a total of 6 people (including me) interested/signed-up to the GMTO without me reaching out to you all. A great sign that this GMTO will be a success.

Crockett & Jones Galway in Whisky Shell Cordovan - Please read the following specifications carefully:
Cost: £900 (~£749.97 after excluding 16.67% VAT, as of today around $979.82 for the U.S. Folks) plus £30 (~$40) shipping.

This order will be placed through the Crockett & Jones Store at 69 Jermyn Street, London. So please feel free to contact the store via phone or email, provided below, should you have any questions about price and other details I may have left out. I look forward to filling in the remaining 6 spots. If you’re interested, please enter your Styleforum username, size, and any comments in the hyperlink I provided above.

-Crockett & Jones Store:
69 Jermyn Street, London
-Email:
[email protected]
-Phone:
020 7976 2684

View attachment 1482831 View attachment 1482836

such a killer boot!

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello folks,

-Crockett & Jones Store:
69 Jermyn Street, London
-Email:
[email protected]
-Phone:
020 7976 2684

View attachment 1482831 View attachment 1482836

Again just a little gentle encouragement. Don’t miss out fellas!
64FBC466-394C-4FEC-BAE1-B4C895AD6613.jpeg

C766800E-BC37-49A0-A3DF-3CDC76CBE41D.jpeg

Shaunm88

Reaction score
That whisky Galway is tempting. I was looking to get that for over a year. Now I have a whisky westfield, and far too many Edward Green Galways.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That whisky Galway is tempting. I was looking to get that for over a year. Now I have a whisky westfield, and far too many Edward Green Galways.
How do you wear the whiskey Westfield? It's a conflicting shoe for me bc it's a shell oxford

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads