• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

fernando526

Reaction score
Not to disrupt the MTO and I certainly won't rock the boat - BUT . . . for the next cordovan MTO boots, can we collectively consider the 379 last? It is C&J's absolute best last. The lines, proportions, and dimensions are absolute perfection.
Count me in!

Just sent him an email. Thanks again.
Anytime! I am glad we were able to close this GMTO within SF

fernando526

Reaction score
Current specs (per 69 Jermyn St.):

Style: Galway 2
Last: 325
Material: Cordovan
Colour: Dark brown
Stitching: Ton-Sur-Ton (Tone on Tone)
Sole Unit: Dainite
Sole Thickness: Double
Storm Welt: Yes
Pull tabs: Yes
Edge Colour: Brown
Eyelets/Speedhooks: Top leg- 4 speedhooks and 4 blind eyelets
Size: (per customer)
Width: E
Hey guys, I just wanted to follow up on the Galway specifications.

I just got off the phone with Basil from C&J at 69 Jermyn Street. The DB Cordovan Galway boots will have exposed/metal eyelets and speed hooks. Exactly how I have setup in the pictures.

Also, just want to clarify, in the spreadsheet I used sample pictures of the Gianni boots as an example (5 sets exposed/metal eyelets and 4 sets of speed hooks). The Galway boots have 4 exposed/metal eyelets and 4 sets of speed hooks. Exactly as pictured here (but with Dainite soles instead of leather):
1601311084765.png

Photocredit: @stephenaf2003

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am very jealous haha. Your boots are gorgeous, sir! Can you please share any more pictures? This will help the people decide if they’re on the fence.

What a killer boot! ?
Thanks. Sorry man that’s the only pic I’ve got.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to follow up on the Galway specifications.

I just got off the phone with Basil from C&J at 69 Jermyn Street. The DB Cordovan Galway boots will have exposed/metal eyelets and speed hooks. Exactly how I have setup in the pictures.

Also, just want to clarify, in the spreadsheet I used sample pictures of the Gianni boots as an example (5 sets exposed/metal eyelets and 4 sets of speed hooks). The Galway boots have 4 exposed/metal eyelets and 4 sets of speed hooks. Exactly as pictured here (but with Dainite soles instead of leather):
View attachment 1467102
Photocredit: @stephenaf2003

Damn that's tempting!

fernando526

Reaction score
Damn that's tempting!
It is going to be a stunning make-up! Don't miss out!

If you're interested please give Basil (from C&J at 69 Jermyn Street) a call or email to see if there are any spots available, and if so you're welcome to join!!!

At this point, we will be treating it on a "first come first serve" basis. I say that because sometimes people get the "cold feet" and drop out, so I don't want to risk our GMTO getting held up because those particular individuals. I have seen it happen in other GMTOs and it's frustrating for everyone else that is serious about placing their order.

So by all means. If you decide to join, please contact Basil for availability. Store contact info:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 20 7976 2684

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
It is going to be a stunning make-up! Don't miss out!

If you're interested please give Basil (from C&J at 69 Jermyn Street) a call or email to see if there are any spots available, and if so you're welcome to join!!!

At this point, we will be treating it on a "first come first serve" basis. I say that because sometimes people get the "cold feet" and drop out, so I don't want to risk our GMTO getting held up because those particular individuals. I have seen it happen in other GMTOs and it's frustrating for everyone else that is serious about placing their order.

So by all means. If you decide to join, please contact Basil for availability. Store contact info:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 20 7976 2684

Yah, I know the deal... I'll have to give it some thought. Few big shoe purchases in the last month and already trying to offload some pairs to free up space. This purchase would require more of the same. Appreciate your organizing this.

fernando526

Reaction score
Yah, I know the deal... I'll have to give it some thought. Few big shoe purchases in the last month and already trying to offload some pairs to free up space. This purchase would require more of the same. Appreciate your organizing this.
Anytime man!

I will definitely push for a Whisky Cordovan Galway GMTO in the future. I know there’s one there, but it looks dead with a bunch of empty spots ?

I need a blonde Galway to complement by brunette Galway girl (Ed Sheeran reference) ?

fernando526

Reaction score
If only it wasn’t on Danite sole. I would be all in. I just cant get use to danite.
Yeah, I originally wanted leather as well, but the majority wanted Dainite. But that’s no big deal, when I refurbish them they’re definitely getting the leather sole treatment. No big deal ?

fernando526

Reaction score
Confirmed and paid, baby. Can't wait!
Nice! Yeah Basil told me there was a big surge in demand. Up to 15 people (in total for this GMTO) have contacted the store showing interest in the DB Cordovan Galway. So whomever is interested, needs to make moves NOW or they will miss out.

fernando526

Reaction score
For anyone waiting on Whiskey Galway II GMTO, I’m willing to part with mine at current cost. 6.5E which translates to 8 brannock for me but YMMV. Dainite sole. Feel free to delete if inappropriate.

View attachment 1467661
OMG!!! They’re beautiful!!! Definitely the next GMTO ?

I would love to take them from your hands, but unfortunately, I am a UK8E for the 325 last ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads