• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean, if you wanted leather, you can easily swap it out during your next refurbishment via the factory or private cobbler. The uppers are probably the most important part of the shoe in my eyes, that will outlast everything else, especially multiple re-crafting over time.

I wouldn’t miss out on such a gorgeous make up because of a shoe component, such as a sole, that can easily be replaced. Just my two cents.

Your could be the last participant to join and get this order going ?
Understood, but that would take years... however, is this the only spec that has changed from the spreadsheet? I.e. all other specs are the same? Thanks!

fernando526

Reaction score
Understood, but that would take years... however, is this the only spec that has changed from the spreadsheet? I.e. all other specs are the same? Thanks!
Correct. That is the only spec that changed, from leather to Dainite, everything else remains the same. Per the popular request from the crowd, we made that minor change.

I actually prefer leather, that’s the way I configured it originally. But I also don’t mind at all going with Dainite due to its versatility and still maintaining an elegant looking boot ready to tackle the elements.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed 100%. I am very happy it generated interest and we got it down to MSRP. Also, with regards to whisky cordovan, there’s a £50 up-charge so maybe that’s why it was a little pricier.

I am hoping the whisky Galway gets kick-started so I can put my name down as well for that make-up.

You're probably correct, forgot about the higher price for Whiskey. When I participated in Lindrick GMTOs back in 2018, the difference was £25 (Whiskey Lindrick £875/Brown Lindrick £850 both prices included VAT). Doesn't surprise me the upcharge for whiskey is slightly higher now. In any case, next time will definitely approach C&J store with MTO proposal instead of going through mail order.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Current specs (per 69 Jermyn St.):

Style: Galway 2
Last: 325
Material: Cordovan
Colour: Dark brown
Stitching: Ton-Sur-Ton (Tone on Tone)
Sole Unit: Dainite
Sole Thickness: Double
Storm Welt: Yes
Pull tabs: Yes
Edge Colour: Brown
Eyelets/Speedhooks: Top leg- 4 speedhooks and 4 blind eyelets
Size: (per customer)
Width: E

fernando526

Reaction score

So excited!!! ?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, thanks! So looks like eyelets changed too. Says exposed eyelets on spreadsheet.

Last edited:

nareichert

Reaction score
I mean, if you wanted leather, you can easily swap it out during your next refurbishment via the factory or private cobbler. The uppers are probably the most important part of the shoe in my eyes, that will outlast everything else, especially multiple re-crafting over time.

I wouldn’t miss out on such a gorgeous make up because of a shoe component, such as a sole, that can easily be replaced. Just my two cents.

Your could be the last participant to join and get this order going ?
I am going to be #12, just sent Basil an email and he will be calling me shortly.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If you need one more, count me in, por favor.

fernando526

Reaction score
Ah, thanks! So looks like eyelets changed to. Says exposed eyelets on spreadsheet.
Excellent point! Let me call Basil and clarify!

The boots are supposed to be like the Gianni boots with metal exposed eyelets and hooks. NOT blind eyelets.

I will contact Basil and clarify with him. Thanks for pointing that out! @Coolhand0302 And thanks for contacting me directly.

fernando526

Reaction score
If you need one more, count me in, por favor.
Hey George,

Please get in contact with Basil via email or phone. We are making it a “first come first served” case, when I spoke to Basil, he told me that there were 11 spots but one of the guys needed convincing since he wanted leather (instead of Dainite) so if you’re okay with Dainite and the speacification in the spreadsheet with exposed/metal eyelets and speed hooks, contact the store via email with your shipping information and tell Basil to call you (if you’re in the U.S. to avoid the fees from calling abroad) to give him your card details.

So that make two people, yourself and @nareichert that want to join this GMTO. I’d say the sooner you get in contact with Basil, the better.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey George,

Please get in contact with Basil via email or phone. We are making it a “first come first served” case, when I spoke to Basil, he told me that there were 11 spots but one of the guys needed convincing since he wanted leather (instead of Dainite) so if you’re okay with Dainite and the speacification in the spreadsheet with exposed/metal eyelets and speed hooks, contact the store via email with your shipping information and tell Basil to call you (if you’re in the U.S. to avoid the fees from calling abroad) to give him your card details.

So that’s make two people, yourself and @nareichert that want to join this GMTO. I’d say the sooner you get in contact with Basil, the better.
Cool. Who's Basil and what's his email? Thanks, man.

fernando526

Reaction score
Cool. Who's Basil and what's his email? Thanks, man.
Store contact info:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 20 7976 2684

I would say shoot him an email saying you're interested in participating in the SF DB Cordovan Galway GMTO, along and with your shipping information. I am going to get on the phone with him in a few to discuss the misunderstanding about the eyelets, and will let him know to call George and Nick (both of you guys that are interested).

I called the store and he is currently helping a customer, but as soon as I end my call, I will have him call you guys.

Thanks,
Fernando

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Store contact info:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +44 20 7976 2684

I would say shoot him an email saying you're interested in participating in the SF DB Cordovan Galway GMTO, along and with your shipping information. I am going to get on the phone with him in a few to discuss the misunderstanding about the eyelets, and will let him know to call George and Nick (both of you guys that are interested).

I called the store and he is currently helping a customer, but as soon as I end my call, I will have him call you guys.

Thanks,
Fernando
May Allah bless you with lots of old bourbon for your good deeds, sir.

fernando526

Reaction score
May Allah bless you with lots of old bourbon for your good deeds, sir.
I didn't respond your question. Basil is one of the managers at the C&J @ 69 Jermyn Street

I'll drink to that! Cheers, my friend!
1601309324857.png

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to disrupt the MTO and I certainly won't rock the boat - BUT . . . for the next cordovan MTO boots, can we collectively consider the 379 last? It is C&J's absolute best last. The lines, proportions, and dimensions are absolute perfection.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads