• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

fernando526

Reaction score
Thank you I was actually referring to the Galway 2 MTO, however I am happy to integrate the Skye boot MTO and withdraw from the Galway 2 MTO As it might take long.
I mean, it could be some time until the Galway 2 moves forward so don’t rule yourself out of that GMTO. I also don’t want anyone to feel pressure to choose one over the other, so please get whatever shoe/boot you truly want. There’s no pressure to be a part of one or the other GMTO. If you really want the Galway, then stick to the Galway, those spots should fill in very fast (I hope).

Shaunm88

Reaction score
For those considering, I love my Skye boot. Besides and EG Galway I often find myself going for it.

Technica

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a GMTO for the Snowdon boots in Zug grain leather + full bellows tongue?
I'm looking to place a special order for these to use them as tool/outdoor boots but thought I'd ask here first if anyone else would be interested to place a group order.

I believe the last time these were on a GMTO was in Feb 2020 - see spreadsheet:

In my case I was thinking of ordering them in Black Zug since Brown boots are so common.

Let me know if anyone is interested and I can try arranging a group order?

stijn

Reaction score
received my pair of the GMTO that I started, very happy with the outcome!
added a pair of Pembroke's as well in whiskey shell, what a gorgeous color.

Thanks to all who joined the GMTO!

l33tcoder

Reaction score
received my pair of the GMTO that I started, very happy with the outcome!
added a pair of Pembroke's as well in whiskey shell, what a gorgeous color.

Thanks to all who joined the GMTO!

Pics (please)...or it didn't happen :)

stijn

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_20200831_163930.jpg
    IMG_20200831_163930.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 258

aquatherm

Reaction score
Would any suede chukka lovers be interested in a Molton chukka? This boot was made exclusively for Barney's I believe.

Pics

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20200901-221427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    SmartSelect_20200901-221427_Samsung Internet.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 248

fernando526

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It looks like the Dark Brown Cordovan Galway boots are going into production very soon and at MSRP price (12-pair order: MTO fees waived)!

I have received confirmation from the C&J Store at 69 Jermyn Street, that between the Styleforum GMTO list and the customers that called in the store directly, we have a total of 11 people participating in this group order. All we need is one more person to get the order processed at MSRP or approximately £850 / ExVat £708.31 ($902.74 USD at today’s exchange rate).

If you were previously on the fence about this boot, don't miss out! If you’re interested, please contact me or email/call the 69 Jermyn Street store directly. Ask to speak to either manager Basil or Chris.

Another important note: Dainite soles have been the overwhelming demand by the majority, so we will be going with Dainite ?

Thank you for your time, and I really hope one of you folks joins our Dark Brown Cordovan Galway II GMTO. Please remember, first come first served!

Best regards,
Fernando

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

It looks like the Dark Brown Cordovan Galway boots are going into production very soon and at MSRP price (12-pair order: MTO fees waived)!

I have received confirmation from the C&J Store at 69 Jermyn Street, that between the Styleforum GMTO list and the customers that called in the store directly, we have a total of 11 people participating in this group order. All we need is one more person to get the order processed at MSRP or approximately £850 / ExVat £708.31 ($902.74 USD at today’s exchange rate).

If you were previously on the fence about this boot, don't miss out! If you’re interested, please contact me or email/call the 69 Jermyn Street store directly. Ask to speak to either manager Basil or Chris.

Another important note: Dainite soles have been the overwhelming demand by the majority, so we will be going with Dainite ?

Thank you for your time, and I really hope one of you folks joins our Dark Brown Cordovan Galway II GMTO. Please remember, first come first served!

Best regards,
Fernando
My wallet is happy these are on Dainite.

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Best regards,
Fernando
Congrats, that's a fantastic price. Cordovan Harlech currently retails at £810 or £675 excluding VAT, so it's a small £40 upcharge.

Pernilla quoted me £925 or £770.83 excluding VAT last September for Whiskey Galway (12 participant GMTO). At the time Harlech retailed at £780 or £650 excluding VAT, so MTO upcharge was considerably higher. Sounds like it's cheaper to MTO via store versus mail-order.

fernando526

Reaction score
My wallet is happy these are on Dainite.
I mean, if you wanted leather, you can easily swap it out during your next refurbishment via the factory or private cobbler. The uppers are probably the most important part of the shoe in my eyes, that will outlast everything else, especially multiple re-crafting over time.

I wouldn’t miss out on such a gorgeous make up because of a shoe component, such as a sole, that can easily be replaced. Just my two cents.

Your could be the last participant to join and get this order going ?

fernando526

Reaction score
Congrats, that's a fantastic price. Cordovan Harlech currently retails at £810 or £675 excluding VAT, so it's a small £40 upcharge.

Pernilla quoted me £925 or £770.83 excluding VAT last September for Whiskey Galway (12 participant GMTO). At the time Harlech retailed at £780 or £650 excluding VAT, so MTO upcharge was considerably higher. Sounds like it's cheaper to MTO via store versus mail-order.
Agreed 100%. I am very happy it generated interest and we got it down to MSRP. Also, with regards to whisky cordovan, there’s a £50 up-charge so maybe that’s why it was a little pricier.

I am hoping the whisky Galway gets kick-started so I can put my name down as well for that make-up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads