• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Shaunm88

Reaction score
Last year, I signed on for the brown cordovan Dundee GMTO... sadly it ended up falling through. However, I had already paid C&J in full when it was originally confirmed (March?) and it took me several months to realize that the group order wasn't a go, and then several more months to remember to do anything about that. At which point, the only sensible decision clearly was to kick in the single MTO upcharge vs taking a loss on GBP depreciation via a refund. Poor financial reasoning but a solid decision in footwear terms.

Just received the boots and the results are 100% jam. First go at the 378 last for me and I really like the fit. Compared to 325, grips better from the heel through the arch but still plenty of room in the toe box. Beauts.

View attachment 1353311
Nice, out of interest what was the single order upcharge?

Mallaig

Reaction score
Just sent a note to Pernilla suggesting that C&J accept more smaller GMTOs at this time to lock in demand for factory production. Given what I'm seeing at businesses in the US, this could help them and us.

Of course, they may be planning to shut down the factory for while, in which case this idea doesn't help.

SteveL91

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about the spreadsheet - I just added my name to the list for the dark brown shell cordovan Dundee punch captoe boots with medallion.

There's ten on the list now, so I hope that a couple more will join in and we can make it happen.

On the other hand, if anyone has a pair of the Dundee in shell cordovan in a UK9 that they want to sell - let me know!!

I just signed up, so one more is needed.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Last year, I signed on for the brown cordovan Dundee GMTO... sadly it ended up falling through. However, I had already paid C&J in full when it was originally confirmed (March?) and it took me several months to realize that the group order wasn't a go, and then several more months to remember to do anything about that. At which point, the only sensible decision clearly was to kick in the single MTO upcharge vs taking a loss on GBP depreciation via a refund. Poor financial reasoning but a solid decision in footwear terms.

Just received the boots and the results are 100% jam. First go at the 378 last for me and I really like the fit. Compared to 325, grips better from the heel through the arch but still plenty of room in the toe box. Beauts.

View attachment 1353311
Wow - those turned out great! Is that the brown shell, or did you get your MTO in cigar? Also, do you mind sharing the final single MTO price? Again, your boots look spectacular! Thanks

zargoz

Reaction score
Wow - those turned out great! Is that the brown shell, or did you get your MTO in cigar? Also, do you mind sharing the final single MTO price? Again, your boots look spectacular! Thanks
Thanks, I am pretty happy with them. It's the C&J "dark brown" cordovan, quite similar to Alden's cigar. The total was around 870 GBP. Just hope the quarantine is lifted before boot season is over so I can get some wears on 'em...

Dan Heese

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker, and realizing with the CoVid pandemic, it may not be the correct time, but what's the process to get a GTMO for a Whisky Harlech with Dainite soles? And is there any interest in this?

Cheers

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker, and realizing with the CoVid pandemic, it may not be the correct time, but what's the process to get a GTMO for a Whisky Harlech with Dainite soles? And is there any interest in this?

Cheers

In the normal circumstances, you would need at least 12 people, a full payment upfront and wait at least 3-4 months. What size are you wear?

Dan Heese

Reaction score
In the normal circumstances, you would need at least 12 people, a full payment upfront and wait at least 3-4 months. What size are you wear?

Thanks, laufer. What's the cost difference versus if you were to just get the normal Harlech with the $150 upcharge for the sole change.

I wear a 12.5 usually.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, laufer. What's the cost difference versus if you were to just get the normal Harlech with the $150 upcharge for the sole change.

I wear a 12.5 usually.

I do not know what the cost would be. You would have to check that with C&J, everything is in the flux right now.
Good luck. It's unlikely that we will see any GMTO anytime soon.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
Hi all,

Cheers

Harlech is main line in Whiskey. Just buy them with the double leather soles. Wear the soles until they are dead and resole with a dainite or whatever you want after a couple months or years depending on how often you wear the boots.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not know what the cost would be. You would have to check that with C&J, everything is in the flux right now.
Good luck. It's unlikely that we will see any GMTO anytime soon.
I saw they closed their stores, but I wonder if the factory is still operational

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harlech is main line in Whiskey. Just buy them with the double leather soles. Wear the soles until they are dead and resole with a dainite or whatever you want after a couple months or years depending on how often you wear the boots.
+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads