• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Rodolphe

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I cannot leave you this way. I rejoign the list. I take the faux cap toe too and will dye it in black to have some fantasy...
I forgot who is in charge of this GMTO, but we must strike while the iron is hot, before I or someone else change his mind ☝

Sfroide3

Reaction score
I am considering trying to launch an MTO. You guys know probably a lot more than I do about it. I figure out that I d better ask a couple questions here before trying to do anything. From what I understood reading this thread:

- Contact Pernilla at CJ for models and pricing
- 12 pairs minimum

Things that I miss:

- Does CJ offer to change last easily ? For example the Zug snowden boots, could we have them made on the 341 ?
- How does payment works ?
- Do we need to order to a store or does CJ send the order directly ?

My idea is to try to do the following model:

- Russian Reindeer Replica leather
- Zug snowdon (field boots) design with captoe (or fake capetoe)
- 4 eyelets, 4 speedhooks like the Harlech (341 last). The Zug snowdon is 4-5, thus a little bigger boot.
- 341 Last
- Veldtschoen
- Sole pref. for dainite

Other possibility would be to copy (or get close to) these Cleverley boots that I like a lot. It would be a quarter brogue jumper boot.
cleverly_boots-10012013040412-_FullScreen_1400x0.jpg

Thanks

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am considering trying to launch an MTO. You guys know probably a lot more than I do about it. I figure out that I d better ask a couple questions here before trying to do anything. From what I understood reading this thread:

- 12 pairs minimum

Things that I miss:

- Does CJ offer to change last easily ? For example the Zug snowden boots, could we have them made on the 341 ?

- 4 eyelets, 4 speedhooks like the Harlech (341 last). The Zug snowdon is 4-5, thus a little bigger boot.
- 341 Last
- Veldtschoen
- Sole pref. for dainite

Other possibility would be to copy (or get close to) these Cleverley boots that I like a lot. It would be a quarter brogue jumper boot.
View attachment 1340908

Thanks

You will need to ask if they are willing to change the last.

Payment is collected in full upfront once the 12 people are confirmed.

They ship from a C&J store in the UK directly to participants.

Sfroide3

Reaction score
You will need to ask if they are willing to change the last.

Payment is collected in full upfront once the 12 people are confirmed.

They ship from a C&J store in the UK directly to participants.

Thanks for the answer.

I suppose that the store would be responsible to collect the money.

I will send CJ an email to see what kind of modification they can do to pattern and last choice.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer.

I suppose that the store would be responsible to collect the money.

I will send CJ an email to see what kind of modification they can do to pattern and last choice.
Yes, they collect the money. Though I am not sure if the store will chase people that have not provided their payment information.

Rodolphe

Reaction score
From what I had read, C&J makes Veldtschoen construction only with the 228 last, for information.

Last edited:

ltjaw

Reaction score
Gents, I’m in the market for something along the lines of a cap toe oxford in whiskey shell. Is there an MTO in progress I might join? I forgot how to find the spreadsheet.

Thanks

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder about the spreadsheet - I just added my name to the list for the dark brown shell cordovan Dundee punch captoe boots with medallion.

There's ten on the list now, so I hope that a couple more will join in and we can make it happen.

img_1092-jpg.710567

On the other hand, if anyone has a pair of the Dundee in shell cordovan in a UK9 that they want to sell - let me know!!

Jrschmeelk

Reaction score

- 12 pairs minimum

Things that I miss:

- 341 Last
- Veldtschoen
- Sole pref. for dainite

View attachment 1340908

Thanks
Have you looked at the willow grain on the Balfour? Would that be close enough? Never organized an MTO but might participate.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
Is the Zug Snowdon officially underway?
Hi jischwar,
I finally got a reply from Adductor and he is no longer in for the GMTO. Hence, we do have a last free slot for the Zug Snowdon. Are you interested in participating?

@All other: There is one slot left for the Snowdon in Zug leather. Anyone interested, please report here. We want to get the GMTO going now!

zargoz

Reaction score
Last year, I signed on for the brown cordovan Dundee GMTO... sadly it ended up falling through. However, I had already paid C&J in full when it was originally confirmed (March?) and it took me several months to realize that the group order wasn't a go, and then several more months to remember to do anything about that. At which point, the only sensible decision clearly was to kick in the single MTO upcharge vs taking a loss on GBP depreciation via a refund. Poor financial reasoning but a solid decision in footwear terms.

Just received the boots and the results are 100% jam. First go at the 378 last for me and I really like the fit. Compared to 325, grips better from the heel through the arch but still plenty of room in the toe box. Beauts.

P1010706.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads